- Princeton, NJ, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 Apr 19
Senior Risk Platform DevOps Engineer (#118191)
Trade & Risk Management technology operates horizontally across Global Markets businesses. Within this organization, the RDx group operates the core common risk technology components that support the Global Markets and provides on-demand risk aggregation, promote effective capital allocation, improve trading decision-making tools, and support management of risk oversight across GM.
The RDx team owns and develops the core technologies which enable the front-to-back applications that are used across Global Markets for risk management and regulatory reporting. These technologies enable traders, product controllers and risk managers across the business to analyse and report on massive amounts of risk and P&L data. The heart of this platform is the Risk Data Fabric (RDF), a 'big data' store which provides a consistent data access layer for trade, P&L and reference data across all GM business lines. On top of this we develop and support a graph-based calculation layer (QCF) which enables on-demand risk and scenario calculations to both front office and risk management users.
Along with the data store and calculation layer the platform team also develops Risk Data Algebra (RDA) a suite of software which enables the aggregation and manipulation (slicing & dicing) of large volumes of data and the representation of that data into consistent GUIs and reports. All of this technology is underpinned by our Risk Definition Language (RDL) which is developed to describe all the data and calculations performed within the RDx platform.
The team is looking to grow in 2018/19 to underpin its position as the key enabler of Credit Suisse Global Markets business to meet current and future regulatory reporting requirements whilst providing the next generation calculation and analytic layer on which the firm's risk reporting can be based.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, flexible and innovative DevOps Engineer to join the RDx team and help us to evolve our platform to manage the broad challenges which arise from being core to the future of the Credit Suisse Global Markets business.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Degree educated with a mathematical / computational degree or similar (Engineering or Physics for example)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to engage and communicate with senior management across business and IT functions
- Proactive and eager to be challenged including a demonstrable ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable, being willing to move focus between components and projects easily.
- Prior experience in the financial services sector, and risk technology, is a benefit but not essential.
- Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development approach to software development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1-3+ years of experience with rapid application development, including the use of RESTful APIs.
- 1-3+ years of experience with application support and configuration & monitoring.
- Collaborate in a global team environment on application design and feature enhancements.
- Maintain code integrity and organization using GIT/GitHub, Subversion or Perforce.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ITRS Geneos, Nagios, Splunk or Zabbix.
- Experience in Event Management tools such as: ServiceNow ITO, BMC Remedy
- Understanding of server-side languages including such as NodeJS.
- Experience with large codebases and Maven, npm and msbuild.
- Java 10/11 experience. Knowledge of streams and lambdas (e.g. packages: java.util.stream.*) as well as core APIs: java.concurrent.* java.util.*, java.nio*.
- JVM monitoring, profiling, performance tuning and debugging. Experience with using analysis tools such as JConsole, JVisualVM, JProfiler or Java Mission Control.
- No-SQL database experience (in particular sorted key-value stores such as Apache HBase, Apache Accumolo for instance). Apache Spark (or similar analysis tools).
- Solid understanding of Linux / Windows Operating System fundamentals. From the perspective of application hosting and management.
- Experience with Java Web based technologies and containers (Java EE Web). Knowledge of Apache Tomcat a bonus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies like Jenkins build and test with Pipeline.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Ansible, Saltstack.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience deploying containers in production, preferably using Kubernetes for orchestration.