- Summit, NJ, USA Summit NJ US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Callan LLC
- 05 Sep 18 2018-09-05
About Callan Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has seven offices throughout the U.S.
About the Position
The New Jersey Consulting team is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of senior consultant in our Summit, NJ office. The team is responsible for working with institutional fund sponsors primarily located in the northeast. Clients represent a broad cross-section of public, corporate, eleemosynary and multi-employer pools of assets. The NJ team works closely with clients in coordination with Callan’s specialty consultant groups—primarily located in our San Francisco headquarters. We provide a broad range of consulting services on a non-discretionary and discretionary basis, including but not limited to asset allocation, implementation advice, manager search, and monitoring services.
Callan is seeking a professional with a minimum of ten years institutional investment consulting experience to fill this position. Consideration will be given to candidates that may have experience that is directly transferable to a consulting role. The Consultant will act as the primary and/or back up consultant to retainer clients. The Consultant will be expected to work in a collegial fashion with the existing team and demonstrate the ability to build his/her own client base.
- Work as part of a consulting team on existing client relationships. This will include attendance at regular meetings; development of client work plans; and, marshalling Callan resources to deliver best-in-class work on an ongoing basis in the areas of asset allocation, manager structure, selection and monitoring.
- Monitor existing client portfolios by reviewing quarterly performance measurement reports, ad hoc manager meetings, working closely with the Global Manager Research Group and annual manager reviews.
- Research and respond to any and all client requests.
- Make presentations to clients, as necessary.
Prospective Clients/New Business Generation
- Actively prospect and generate new clients in the northeast.
- Work closely with local Associate Consultants to respond to Requests-for-Proposals.
- Contribute to writing comprehensive proposals, as necessary, to ensure the delivery of high quality materials.
- Work closely with local Associate Consultants to create and customize finals presentation materials.
- Appropriately research prospective clients and work collaboratively with New Jersey-based consultants and regional offices, as necessary.
- Make finals presentations.
- Assist in developing customized educational information and/or seminars for clients.
- Coordinating research efforts for clients.
- Contribute to topical white papers from time-to-time.
- Present, participate and/or represent Callan at industry events and those events sponsored by Callan.
- Prefer at least ten years of direct consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building a book of business.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated but able to work with a team in a collegial fashion.
- Experience working for, or with, institutional investors monitoring and implementing portfolio strategies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Ability to form supportable opinions and succinctly communicate such to co-workers and clients
- Team player
- Willingness to travel
- Ongoing desire to learn and a drive to improve
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred
- CFA or CAIA charter holder or candidate preferred
- Minimum 15 years of relevant industry experience
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
- Callan offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample referencing "Senior Consultant-NJ" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.