What will you be doing?
• Using Agile software development in Java / other languages, Cloud technologies – AWS , Openshift
• You will be delivering production-grade code with excellent quality
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment
• Recognising, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability, delivery priorities and constrains
• Maintaining agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to.
• Training and supporting the development of junior programmers technical and organisational skills
• You will be responsible for analysing, estimating and prioritisation of tasks
• Creating and refactoring programs in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards
• Taking part in reviews of own work and leading reviews of colleagues’ work
What we’re looking for:
• M.S. in Computer Science
• 5 years’ experience developing medium to large Applications using different Cloud technologies like AWS , OpenShift.
• 5 years’ experience in Spring Boot, Rest API & Microservices.
• Previous experience in Containerised apps using Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, NoSQL and Shell Scripting
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Self-motivated, passionate, well organized individual with demonstrated problem solving skills Experience in building distributed Machine Learning systems
• Previous experience working in an Agile development methodology
• Experience with project management tools: Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Stash
• AWS DevOps Certification
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.