Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Providing employment legal advice and counsel and presenting material on employment legal risk including support of organizational change and support of investigations matters
• Managing all forms of employee disputes and litigation matters, including agency charges, arbitration proceedings, and court litigation
• Serving as partner to Compliance to satisfy regulatory reporting obligations associated with employment issues (e.g., separation / U5 reporting)
• Advising on the employment law issues relating to sales, spin-offs, acquisitions and similar transactions
• Advising on wage-and-hour practices, including overtime issues, and on the administration of compensation programs
• Drafting and negotiating employment agreements; developing templates and forms; advising on restrictive covenants
• Working with HR on development and drafting employment policies and applications under state and federal laws and working on affirmative action programs
• Developing and delivering employment law training for HR and others to proactively address issues and/or changes or developments in law
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of services
• J.D. with admission to NY State and NJ Bar
• 6+ years of experience as an employment lawyer
• Breadth of legal experience that reflects ability to learn quickly on the job
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong analytical skills; ability to efficiently analyze employment-related issues and effectively identify options with recommended solutions
• Highly flexible and adaptable personality with ability to navigate governance structures in highly matrixed organization
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising quality of service
• Good judgment; considering different courses of action in broader contexts and develop proper recommendations to solve problems and manage employment law risk
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.