Legal, Employment Law Attorney, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, assist with acquisitions and divestitures, perform research and due diligence, aid in legal filings and media releases reflecting our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Employment Law Group (ELG) provides legal support to all divisions across the firm. Working closely with the Human Capital Management (HCM) Division, ELG provides advice and strategic input in relation to (among other things) employee relations matters, the firm's benefits and mobility programs, compensation, diversity, recruitment, immigration, acquisitions and divestitures.
This attorney will function as a chief of staff for ELG, in addition to maintaining coverage responsibility for multiple business areas as well as key regulatory responsibilities. The role would be at the Vice President level, reporting to one of the attorneys in the team. The role provides valuable support across the team's spectrum of work, including:
- Driving strategic planning for ELG meetings, trainings, initiatives and processes
- Providing legal advice and strategic input to business related to managing employee-related matters
- Assisting with employment-related disputes, including project management, liaison with external counsel and coordination with appropriate internal teams
- Coordinating with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including teams within Legal, Compliance, Tax and HCM
- Working with global counterparts to produce and advise on reports and metrics to support the firm's internal governance processes, comply with regulatory reporting and respond to requests for proposal
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills (oral and written): commitment to excellence; ability to draft precise yet accessible communications
- Confident and strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business groups within the firm; ability to work collaboratively and across geographies with a team of diverse individuals
- Excellent judgment and ability to assess risks
- Highly motivated and proactive; the ability to respond calmly, creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; a strong work ethic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity