Lead Software Engineer (JR1005354)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge Advisor Solutions is the fast-growing Marketing Technology business unit of Broadridge, one of the world's largest and most successful Fin-Tech companies. We're looking for a gifted Lead Software Engineer to join our Needham, MA based product development team, building one of our most ground breaking products yet. A position on this team offers a team -oriented startup culture, with the resources and stability of an established player along with the ability to work on new and emerging technologies.
You'll will be joining a core team who has one purpose: the development and launch of this new suite of software products and tools that enable our enterprise clients to turn data into insights and client engagement. You'll ensure the successful execution of our Business mission through development and deployment of this new SaaS product. The development of this new suite of solutions is a critical initiative for the firm, backed by significant investment and is highly visible across the organization. We are guided by the belief that people are our greatest asset and are committed to attracting the best talent.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design of the software as well as leading the development, configuration, customization, unit testing, and maintenance services. You will provide overall application design including interfaces with external applications and systems. Responsibilities include:
- You will actively commit code, write well-formed code and utilize sound development practices
- Help drive product roadmaps through a fast, agile, and reliable delivery process, while ensuring a consistently high-quality product that works well across web, tablet, and mobile
- Critically evaluate and translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise software architecture, which guides software development and consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- You'll design and deliver robust, scalable and secure products that reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability of a cloud infrastructure
- Implement engineering methodology, review engineering design packages and code, working towards minimizing technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Evangelize excellence in application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards
- You will maintain a keen awareness and curiosity of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to service offerings.
- Collaborate with other architects and developers on detailed software design
- You'll participate in enhancement and of the code framework and standards to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of products/features.
- Promote modern principles for product/feature development (DevOps, CD/CI, Agile/Scrum, test driven development, object oriented design, coding standards, etc
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 8+ years of an application programming and/or Hands-on technical application architecture experience including the following:
- Significant experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Java or a modern JVM language (Scala strongly preferred)
- Database design including tuning query performance
- Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Hands on experience with Git and Git flow
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Experience in full life cycle architectural guidance
- Exposure to Container based technologies is a big plus
- Passion for writing phenomenal, simple, clean, efficient code
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Excellent social and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding attitude and energy #LI-ME1