Our client, a premier industry leading American investment bank is looking to expand its market risk team and bring on professionals at the associate level to engage in risk management covering their trading desks.
Our client, a premier industry leading American investment bank is looking to expand its market risk team and bring on professionals at the associate level to engage in risk management covering their trading desks. Market Risk Specialists within this organization are instrumental in deploying risk appetite and conducting risk management practices, acting as key stakeholders to ensure that the firm's performance and plans are in line with it's market risk appetite. This group offers exposure to Investing and Lending as well as cross asset class exposure.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Evaluating risk taking behavior through portfolio and transaction level risk analysis
- Interacting with key stakeholders to effectively communicate and disseminate information pertaining to risk
- Develop and implement new risk measures/stress tests and improvements to existing measures
- Gain exposure to cutting edge market risk management techniques
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 3-8 years of experience, primarily working in market risk
- Strong academic record with at least a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related quantitative discipline is required
- Deep understanding of financial products and their risk/reward in the following areas: Fixed Income Products, Real Estate/Mortgage Products, Private Equity, Institutional Lending Portfolios or Interest Rate Risk Management
- The ability to analyze and challenge risk taking activities and to challenge the first line of defense
- The ability to collaborate, as well as strong communication and time management skills
- A problem solving mentality