A top American Investment Bank is looking to bring on an experienced Market Risk Manager to help cover their FX/rates trading desks and the firm's large footprint in the Latin American markets.
A top American Investment Bank is looking to bring on an experienced Market Risk Manager to help cover their FX/rates trading desks and manage the firm's large footprint in the Latin American markets.
This role will be joining a lean team responsible for managing risk for the LATAM markets across FX and rates, reporting directly up to the head of the business. The new hire will serve as the main point person for risk and an SME for the group. The specific areas of coverage will be the FX/rates trading desk and the structured products derivatives desk for the LATAM region.
The bank is ideally looking for someone with about 6+ years of experience at the VP/SVP level, direct experience with LATAM coverage, and deep knowledge across FX and rates.
- Work with existing team members to be accountable for the identification and evaluation of market risks associated with the LATAM Rates and FX market
- Communication with trading desks at a senior level, challenging assumptions and risk taking as appropriate as well as collectively working towards solutions for improved risk management
- Ensuring limits are properly set with respect to risk taking and risk appetite
- Contribute to the development or production of metrics used to satisfy regulatory requirements and stress testing processes
- Deep level of experience and knowledge of LATAM Rates and FX markets mainly, trading products, risk measurement
- Years of relevant experience in financial markets/market risk with good quantitative knowledge of the markets, products, models and risk
- Experience with portfolio risk measurement techniques including VAR and stress testing
- Languages: Fluent in English / Spanish is a plus