We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Variable Annuity Channel is responsible for business development, platform management and servicing within the Variable Insurance segment of PIMCO's FIG Channel. The business represents over $50 billion of managed assets for PIMCO.
The sub-account wholesaler will provide extensive field marketing and sales support in either the Midwest Territory to variable insurance client sales teams and reps to grow and strengthen existing client sub-advised and variable insurance trust relationships. This individual will be responsible for articulating PIMCO's current market outlook and investment strategy, as well as educating insurance company wholesalers and their reps about PIMCO's portfolios on a partners platform. In addition, this individual will provide support at various client events throughout the year including national sales meetings, divisional sales meetings, internal sales desk visits/training and individual wholesaler and registered rep meetings. Position requires extensive travel within their territory with over 75 % of their time out of the office.
- Provide U.S. field sales and marketing support to variable insurance client sales forces consisting of wholesalers and registered reps.
- Effectively articulate PIMCO's secular and cyclical market/economic outlook to large audiences
- Actively engage audiences, attend and present at a variety of client meetings, conferences and sales desks
- Develop content when needed (marketing flyers and PowerPoint presentations) that fit the audience
- Field questions from client sales force and registered reps on a daily basis, including portfolio positioning and market outlook
- Work closely with Relationship Managers in strengthening overall client relationships by managing existing and developing new relationships with wholesalers
- Minimum five to seven years of financial industry experience or equivalent skill/knowledge expertise as it relates to the position
- An understanding of the objectives and issues facing insurance companies is also needed for success in this role.
- Must have a deep familiarity with capital markets and economics, and significant knowledge of the fixed income markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build new relationships, and meet business development objectives.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, or Economics and an MBA or equivalent degree is preferred for this role.
- Candidates should possess their Series 7, 3, and 63 licenses, or be able to obtain with the first ninety (90) days of employment.
- Extremely strong interpersonal and presentation skills are mandatory. Must have demonstrated skill in this area.
- Literacy in capital markets and economics, along with a deep familiarity with fixed income markets.
- The ability to organize and communicate information effectively with external clients, as well as within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment.
- The skill to contribute to team efforts, and work collaboratively and co-operatively across all key groups of the firm (Account Management, Product Management, and Marketing/Communications).
- High energy, "self-starter" individual.
- Strong public speaking/educating skills.
- Must work within a team environment, ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Strong commitment to quality and detail.
- Highest sense of integrity, consistent with PIMCO's expressed values and ethical principles/approach.
- A collegial work style.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office