Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow. Private Fund Group
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with two main lines of business:
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
Your field of responsibility
- In our Capital Solutions business, we advise General Partners on a range of secondary market transactions, such as single or multi-asset continuation funds, portfolio securitizations, or the sale of limited partner fund interests through secondary transactions. We also raise capital for direct or co-investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
PFG offers Analyst opportunities across both of our business lines: Private Equity Fundraising and Capital Solutions. Our Analyst role provides extraordinary exposure to the alternative investment business. You will have direct contact with the senior partners of our private equity clients, heads of our clients' marketing and investor relations teams, and decision-makers at the industry's leading institutional investors.
Analysts are exposed to all elements of a fundraising process, including:
Your future colleagues
- Working with the Due Diligence team to evaluate prospective opportunities
- Providing advice to clients on fundraising strategy, structuring, timing, investors and legal terms
- Evaluating clients' prospective liquidity needs and modeling main value drivers of illiquid portfolios
- Articulating complex marketing messages
- Preparing compelling fundraising materials and financial models
- Planning and managing the online data room
- Daily interaction with client executives and with senior PFG team members worldwide
- Completing projects, such as building market maps, tracking returns across a market segment, or comparing structures across completed capital solutions transactions
- Gaining exposure to alternative investment managers and learning about myriad private equity investment strategies from an unusually close vantage point
PFG has more than 80 professionals located in New York, London, Hong Kong, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, Amsterdam, Madrid, Santiago, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney. We are a multi-lingual, diverse group of people who function as a global team. Our wins across the world are celebrated just as much as those close to home. We have a team-based approach to selecting new business, with all professionals invited to attend our screening committee meetings. Our deal staffing aims to share both the work load and learning opportunities fairly across the team, while giving each professional diverse exposure to transaction types and to different senior PFG bankers. We look to our Associate group for future leaders in PFG and seek to create long-term career opportunities for our team members. We are a group that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our global cultural values. Program Description
PFG Analysts work on live deals and have direct interaction with clients. You'll analyze portfolio company financial performance, prepare marketing materials, work with distribution to drive investor interest, and manage road show coordination. As a result, you'll develop a deep understanding of the funds, companies and industries they evaluate, as well as experience in marketing funds. You Offer
To be eligible for this opportunity, you should be in your senior year at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We'll be looking at your potential, your ability, your academic background and extra-curricular activities. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business. Analyst Program Highlights
What we're looking for:
- A one-day company orientation followed by a comprehensive training program
- Continued learning and development from your PFG deal teams, our lunch & learn series, and ongoing training opportunities
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm
- A leader who engenders loyalty, exhibits dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build strong relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled individual who is committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
- A team member who understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.