We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Internship positions are located in Newport Beach, CA and Austin, TX.
See yourself as a Legal & Compliance Analyst:
As part of the PIMCO Legal & Compliance team, you'll be responsible for ensuring PIMCO's investment and strategic goals follow client guidelines and applicable regulations.
If you elect to focus on Investment Compliance, you will learn about the core responsibilities relating to interpretation, coding, time of trade and post-trade monitoring for over 2,900 public funds and separate accounts, working closely with departments across the firm.
If you elect to focus on Regulatory Compliance or Legal, you will focus on one to two key areas within the department relating to either reviews of marketing material, broker-dealer regulations, anti-financial crime requirements and/or other key regulatory areas.
Within your area(s) of specialization, you will have the opportunity to participate in various ad hoc daily initiatives, such as inquiry resolution, scenario analysis and technology testing. Additionally, you'll focus on a specific initiative for which you'll complete detailed analysis, develop and present proposals and effect change to an existing workflow. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting event s !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as a Legal & Compliance Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs demand
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Excel-based calculations, presenting data in the accurate format, simple macro builds, using Excel functions to analyze data)
- Show an interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investment finance, and/or legal & compliance
- Possess outstanding analytical skills & attention to detail with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, and be accountable
- Desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments