We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
Position Description: Technology Analyst, Software Engineering
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
Positions are located in Austin, TX, and Newport Beach, CA See yourself as a Technology Analyst:
The PIMCO technology team develops applications for internal use to help us value securities and mitigate risk. We deliver dynamic and timely solutions using HTML5, Python, Java, C#, and C++ with traditional databases and big data technologies on the back end using open source technologies.
You'll have the chance to define your career with a dynamic global leader in asset management working in a world-class technology group. Experience a high level of exposure to the investment management business and enjoy working with cutting edge technologies on new solutions. As a PIMCO Tech intern, you'll work on exciting projects such as:
- Developing and applying complex analytical methods to massive data sets in order to manage risk and search for alpha for clients.
- Creating and improving internal applications used by the firm to execute investment strategies, manage risk and support our clients.
- Building tools and platforms to help portfolio managers leverage, analyze test data while harnessing and applying advances in big data analytics.
- Streamlining trade floor processes, trade executions and transaction costs, and identify new technologies to improve business value.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- As the first step, you'll be asked to complete a coding challenge to highlight your technical skills.
- If you pass the coding challenge, you'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as coding via HackerRank CodePair.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
You'll excel as a PIMCO Technology Analyst if you:
- Are a currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a similar major with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- If you are a master's student with one year or more of professional non-internship tech experience this role may not be for you, however we would encourage you to consider our lateral opportunities after graduation.
- Have strong programming skills (Java, Python and/or C#)
- Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and technical environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Are comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team