2024 Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Program
Summer Analysts join the firm for 10 weeks in June and are placed on a team within the Corporate Treasury and Capital Planning department. They will receive in-depth exposure to a specific Corporate Treasury or Capital Planning team, while gaining a broader understanding of the Corporate Treasury and Capital Planning and its various functions.
Corporate Treasury and Capital Planning :
Corporate Treasury and Capital planning provide corporate finance advisory service to senior management and internal business units. They also optimize the Firm's liquidity and capital base, manages the Firm's foreign exchange and interest rate exposure, and coordinates relationships with regulators, rating agencies, and creditors. Training Program:
The Summer Analyst Program begins with Firmwide, Finance, Corporate Treasury, and Capital Planning specific training in which Analysts are immersed in the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley while also being taught core skills essential for successful completion of the Program. Summer Analysts will receive support from a Direct Manager and Peer Mentor, as well as opportunities to network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions, community service and other organized events. Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the reporting and analysis of the Firm's funding, liquidity and capital profile.
- Collaborate with teams to assist in performing stress testing, scenario planning and analysis, and peer benchmarking.
- Assist with developing strategies to optimize the Firm's capital base, enhance the Firm's multi-billion dollar debt portfolio, hedge currency exposures, or manage liquidity and long-term funding.
- Analyze regulatory changes and their impact on the Firm's business processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with various business units and Firm support functions.
- Assist the team with day-to-day responsibilities, special projects, and presentations.
- Participate in a summer long project which culminates in a department-wide presentation
- You are pursuing a Bachelors' degree (BSc or BA); all concentrations are accepted, though demonstrated basic knowledge and keen interest in financial services is required.
- You are graduating between December 2024 and May 2025.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Self-motivated with high personal standards for quality of work; commitment to excellence and integrity.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports.
Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and understand business processes that may not be familiar.
- Eager to learn and excited for new challenges; ability to absorb new information and adept at managing high-priority deliverables in a fast-paced, high energy level environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced quantitative skills.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Application Process and Deadline:
Students must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/careers by August 11, 2023
in order to be considered.