An industry-leading consultancy is looking for an AML analyst to support engagements in our Regulatory Compliance practice. The candidate will carry out tasks on engagements related to assessments, system implementations, gap analysis, project management, look-backs, remediation, process improvement, and tuning and segmentation.
- Using strong investigative/analytical skills, able to formulate and clearly articulate a supportable rationale behind the decisioning of “alerts” within cases, as part of look-backs.
- Manage assigned tasks related to drafting case investigations, preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), analyzing/utilizing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Monetary Instrument Logs (MILs), and referencing Customer Identification Programs (CIPs).
- Work on engagements related to Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Client (KYC), and all other laws, regulations, and requirements designed to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
- Conduct transaction analysis in the course of look-backs.
- Solve basic problems and include senior team members when appropriate.
- Meet utilization targets.
- Interface with clients in a professional manner, including being prepared prior to client meetings to resolve questions and issues.
- Meet deadlines and manage evolving/shifting deadlines.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML/KYC/OFAC, and Patriot Act regulations
- Meet clearly defined productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Be resourceful—offer creative solutions to problems faced by project leader.
- Four-year college degree or international equivalent.
- Two to three years’ relevant experience at professional services firm and/or bank.
- Transaction monitoring experience that is focused on correspondent banking activity and/or OFAC experience is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong analytical and decision-making/critical-thinking skills.
- Strong writing skills; must be able to write clear and concise reports and communicate with management.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Proficient at conducting due diligence using tools such as LexisNexis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (pivot tables, charts, PowerPoint, etc.).
**VISA Sponsorship is not available at this time. US Citizens or Green Card holders only.