AVP-Fin Planning & Analysis
Job Description The successful candidate will manage and complement the existing FP&A team to provide business leaders with insightful and timely analysis and reporting that enables effective decision making.
Provide strong leadership and drive business and finance management through all phases of the financial planning and analysis processes
• Manage the core planning functions: results analysis, forecasting, annual budgeting and 5 year strategic planning
• Provide recommendations to senior management to drive business performance, including the identification of potential risks and opportunities
• Analyze sales performance and track progress of new business opportunities life cycles, to help understand the new business prospects
• Support BvD in their pursuit of commercial opportunities, focused on organic growth, by providing ad-hoc analysis on customer and market information
• Work closely with the senior management team on strategic operating issues, long-term strategic and profit goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning
• Ensure close coordination across several different lines of business and support functions that are geographically dispersed
• Create executive presentations used for business updates to both the senior management team and key business partners
• Provide ad hoc analytical support to facilitate decision making
• Manages financial analyst staff
Required Skills / Experience:
• Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience obtained in Finance
• Proven experience as a Finance Business Partner
• Proven experience as a FP&A Head in the Financial Services or Insurance sector
• Previous experience of management accounting in the Financial Services or Insurance sector
• Proven experience of managing a team across multiple regions
• Experience of managing a team through a minimum of two appraisal cycles
• Solid analytical and strategy experience
• Extensive experience with building annual operating plans, budgets, and forecasting
• Demonstrated "big picture" strategic thinking and the ability to provide recommendations to individual business units
• Senior executive management skills, including ability to negotiate complex relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
• Comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, ability to leverage data to inform business decisions
• Must be able to handle large amounts of data
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas and converting resistance to endorsement
• Knowledge of SFDC or MSD CRM systems, Hyperion Planning and Smartview is preferred
• Exposure to SAP general ledger software is a plus
• Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Detail oriented and able to summarize and communicate findings/analysis
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- CPA, CFA, ACA, or CA are good to have
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.