- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 25 Feb 18
AVP-Infrastucture Service Operations
Standort: New York City, NY, USA
This position will be part of the global Infrastructure Service Operations team in the Infrastructure Services Group in Moody's IT division and will manage the overall quality and timely delivery of Infrastructure support services by vendor teams, improve stability & availability with automation and CSI and be accountable for the delivery of Infrastructure Service Support to end users and business stakeholders.
Supporting the Infrastructure Service Operations Manager to effectively manage the day-to-day delivery of various IT Infrastructure services by the service providers and vendor partners and continuously improve the quality of the services delivered by following the ITIL principles. This role is responsible the management of logistics and operations of the various components and Infrastructure Operations Management of the on-prem and cloud environments (Server OS (Linux and Wintel), Storage, Virtualization, vBlock, Core Infra Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP, Messaging, Network, Telecom etc). The candidate must be highly motivated and have a proven track record of innovation, vendor oversight and governance, execution, delivery, customer focus, and be highly skilled in IT operations management and bring experience in managing operations around new technologies like DevOps, Cloud, Automation etc;
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support the delivery of IT services to agreed service levels following ITIL framework
- Managing the delivery of a set of Infrastructure services from internal and external providers to ensure optimal performance in line with agreed service level targets
- Build and maintain effective relationships with peers in the service provider and consumer organizations
- Ownership and delivery of the Infrastructure support services for Network, Load Balancing and Telecom operational towers leveraging vendor staff and any other available resources
- Lead the IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) vendor operational governance and oversight by leveraging industry best practices to deliver best in quality service for both on-prem and cloud hosted Infrastructure.
- Lead the coordination with the vendor partners and Service Desk to establish best practices and improve performance of incident and request management (queue management, SLO/A review, trend analysis, problem & escalation management etc.,).
- Lead governance with the business sponsors and service providers and oversee the completion of action plans and service improvement initiatives.
- Own and drive Infrastructure Service initiatives pertaining to Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management domains.
- Manage and improve the overall availability, capacity and performance of Infrastructure platforms under ownership by collaborating with the Engineering teams, stakeholders and external service providers
- Creation, enhancement and execution of continuous service improvement plans
- Conduct governance reviews with the business sponsors and other stakeholders to develop a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Act as the technical liaison between operations teams, Infrastructure Engineering teams and consumers of technology, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing or upcoming solutions and their supportability.
- Understand the Infrastructure Operations budget and identify strategies for short and long term cost reductions
- Manage (coordinate, plan and execute) the transition of support activities for all strategic, roadmap and retirement projects with documentation.
- Improve patch management process and help enforce the same.
- Drive the identification and reduction of low value tasks and manual intervention work with automation and elimination.
- Measure and improve the level of adherence to the established ITIL processes and Compliance standards.
- Identifying trends, prioritize root cause analysis queues, finalize preventive actions and work with the Infrastructure Engineering team to prioritize tasks for permanent remediation and improvement.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the global MIT Infrastructure Support team members
- Lead the coordination with the Service Desks and Operations teams to establish best practices, improve performance of incident handling and request fulfillment activities.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to ensure ongoing and effective communication with the stakeholders.
- Change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations while continue to build and maintain a strong relationship.
- Positively impact productivity, efficiency, and overall customer satisfaction and enhance organization's reputation amongst stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to manage and lead functional or cross-functional teams.
- Availability during off hours and weekends to own, manage and help resolve high severity incidents and major changes.
- Must have the ability to independently:
- learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- manage multiple simultaneous deliverables
- understand and analyze requirements and provide appropriate solutions
Moodys Information Technology
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of solid, diverse work experience in IT including experience in Technology Operations / Infrastructure
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in the delivery of Network, Load Balancing and Telecom operations is required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Leadership experience in the management of onshore and offshore teams is required
- Prior experience as a Project Manager or a Business Analyst would be a plus.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification would be a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.