Miryco are working with a hugely successful global insurance and reinsurance specialist seeking a Compliance & Risk AVP to report into the Global Head of Compliance & Risk. This is primarily a second line of defence role, with some audit elements.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Global Head of Compliance & Risk to help execute the overall Compliance & Risk Strategy.
- Act as the primary contact with the global broking teams.
- Be responsible for ensuring the North American offices are compliant with local rules and regulations.
- Assist with and provide advice and guidance to broking teams on a range of (re)insurance related issues including licensing and local regulations.
- Prepare and provide education and training on a range of compliance issues, such as financial crime, sanctions, and other topics.
- Work closely with key stakeholders such as Operations, Finance, HR and Legal.
- Keep up to date with and help disseminate regulatory developments and communications.
- Conduct ad hoc research on various regulatory issues as requested by the Global Head of Compliance & Risk.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the (re)insurance and/or re(insurance) broking and/or insurance sector.
- Legal and/or accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience or an understanding of Lloyds of London is desirable.
- Proactive, forward thinking, willing to take ownership.
- Must operate with a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
Location: New York
Shortlist: Please note our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For similar roles, follow Miryco Consultants Ltd on LinkedIn.