- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
AVP - Release Automation Manager
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThe AVP Manager - Release Automation position is responsible for managing a team of several Release Automation Engineers, overall planning and execution, and of automating and streamlining the application and software components within MIT's controlled environments. This role will provide thought leadership and forward looking planning in order to improve the team's release automation, deployment efficiency, reporting performance, executive communications and drive the team towards further DevOps maturity. This position will also be instrumental in streamlining our critical project releases, in order to provide improved service agility and responsiveness. In addition, the successful candidate will also work across Moody's IT to ensure all tools in support of Release Automation are utilized consistently to ensure proper reporting and transparency.
- Using DevOps principles to drive process improvements that reduce release times, lower risk and improve quality
- Frequently and adeptly coordinate across multiple (competing) stakeholder groups
- Design a governance framework to ensure all deployment predecessors and successors are satisfied:
- PDLC Sign-Offs
- CAB Reviews
- Production Readiness
- Lead multi-vendor, cross-functional teams in support of release automation efforts
- Periodically review team processes and procedures, then design and implement innovations in order to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Provide Automation reporting regarding Release Automation quality and operations
- Ensure automation consistency of test and production environments
- Responsible for release automation propagation, preparation, and training activities
- Manage all automation code deployments within controlled environments
- Coordinate production requirements with Service Management
- Motivate the team to continuously improve by providing frequent, clear, and consistent feedback
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
The AVP Release Automation Manager oversees the day-to-day management of release automation/DevOps engineers. This position also works collaboratively with the following roles to ensure releases are efficiently automated, deployed, verified, and maintained/supported:
- Release Management
- Project Management
- Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Application Development
- QA Management
- Environments Management
- Production Support
Required Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years of change and configuration management experience, including 3+ years of successfully managing automation/release/deployment teams.
- Must have strong project leadership discipline and management.
- 5+ years' experience with diverse application environment (client/server, web services, RDBMS, etc.)
- 3+ years of working in ITIL aligned function.
- A strong familiarity with systems and release automation principles with intermediate hands-on experience (3+ years) with CA RA (Nolio), Jenkins, shell scripting, PowerShell, VBS, or equivalents.
- 3-5 years' experience with supporting parallel automation environments for multiple and interdependent project efforts.
- Emphasis on the bigger picture while developing strategic business solutions that include value propositions, critical success factors and process re-engineering
- Demonstrate leadership in driving the successful completion of projects in a technical, business analysis or management role over a sustained time period.
- Individual demonstrates Moody's values, especially in the area of Leadership.
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines and is willing to serve as a mentor to others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, IT management and staff.
- Graduate degree a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.