AVP, Financial Control
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Responsible for the coordination and preparation of financial reports for local and Head Office Management. Assist in the formulation of the Business Plan, and analysis of actual performed versus the plan. Responsible for major elements of Bank Regulatory reporting.
• Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly Reports to Head Office (HO) – MEIR and Consolidation.
• Assist in preparation of MPR (Internal) and Quarterly HO planning reports.
• Prepare various statistical/financial reports as required for analysis by local management.
• Contribute to the preparation of the financial forecasts and annual business plan through completion of the following: balance sheet, detailed profit & loss. Comparative written analysis
• Profitability analysis along customer, region and business segment lines
• Prepare US regulatory reports – weekly and monthly. Assist in preparation of Call and G. Cayman reports
• Primary backup for Staff Accountant
• Ad Hoc projects as needed
Job Context: The objective of this position is to report on and analyse the branch’s performance. This entails report consolidation and analysis at month and quarter-end. Report design, using both PC and mainframe, has become increasingly important to Financial Control. Performing this function and integrating it into the business planning operation are becoming the main focus of this position. Support is required for tax and regulatory compliance. Schedule and ad-hoc reporting are important.
All regulatory reports are required by the various agencies such as the Federal Reserve and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency must be completed in a timely and accurate manner. Calculation and remittance of OCC assessment must also be performed. A key element in this is continued use of automation, using the Global Reporting database facility and/or downloading to reduce time spent on reporting and to ensure accuracy.
Main Contacts: Working relationships must be developed with every manager, member of the Management Committee and General Manager. The credibility established in these relationships is key to the success of the position. External contacts include Head Office Financial Control, Accounting, Federal Reserve Bank and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.