- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
AVP Systems Engineer – Data and Voice Connectivity Services
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThis is a challenging position within the Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure Services leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure Services has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a level 3 role (L3) responsible for implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever expanding organization. Moody's is currently revamping our MPLS WAN to support Voice, Video and Data in order to increase the use of collaborative technologies in an effort to improve our competitive advantage. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires a very good understanding of WAN and LAN technology . As a member of the Data and Voice Connectivity services team you will be responsible for setting standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing the infrastructure, which include implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for analysis, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Moody's Cisco Video Conference (VC) and Unified Communications(UC) environment
- Design and implement medium to large scale dial plan for centralized as well as distributed cluster environment
- Engage with Cisco and VARs to maintain currency of Moody's Video Conference Service Catalogue
- Collaborate with Moody's Voice Subject Matter expert to configure and maintain a Cisco SME cluster to ensure successful dialing using E.164 ,+dialing and SIP URI between Moody's sites
- Use Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word) to document the existing and newly delivered environment
- Oversee and monitor the operations teams and ensure the infrastructure is always in a high availability state
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans
- Set up, configure and support all audio and video systems.
- Configure multiple AV / IT devices (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Troubleshoot audio / video performance issues and maintain diagrams and documentation.
- Develop standards and maintain all systems, applications and configurations.
- Review with Facilities team to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards (general construction, etc.).
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot difficult issues and designs.
- Determine infrastructure requirements to support the designs.
- Provide support for live events (presentations, concerts, etc.).
- Provide escalated support to the business for video-conferencing needs.
- Oversee contractors / vendors that provide physical installation and support of our conference rooms.
- Provide extraordinary technical and/or analytic support in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems of moderate to highly-complex business communication systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 8 years experience in IT industry in relevant area
- In depth knowledge of Cisco UC environment which includes Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, IM&Presence Server, Jabber (Windows and Mobile) and Communications Manager Session Manager Editio
- Experience implementing Cisco TelePresence Management Suite, Cisco Expressway (Control and Edge), Cisco Telepresence Server and Cisco Collaboration Manager in an eterprise environment.
- Experience with installing and supporting Cisco Video endpoints (C40, MX700, MX800, DX80, EX90) provisioned within Communications Manager
- Real world experience supporting Multicast and unicast media distribution Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions.
- Understanding of how HA technologies function and their limitations is also important.
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies (T1, E1, T3).
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with common voice technologies and standards (BRI, PRI, T1-CAS,).
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocols .
- Ability to understand and document TCP/UDP application flows.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Webex, Zoom, Skype, Blue Gene etc
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.