Analyst, Product Management
- New York City, NY, USA New York City NY US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Analyst, Product Management
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) is seeking a product management analyst, to support the RatingsXpress (enterprise data feed) product management team. RatingsXpress is the flagship data distribution product for S&P Global Ratings' credit ratings and other content. RatingsXpress is part of the Credit Solutions product suite, which also includes ratings research, historical ratings transitions as well as issuer default and bond recovery data. Credit Solutions is a business unit within SPGMI Risk Services.
You will support the RatingsXpress product leadership and work with Finance, Commercial, Information Technology, Operations and Legal teams in serving the following customer segments: Investment Management, Investment Banking, Insurance, Commercial Banking, and Non-Financial Corporates with an emphasis on Redistribution vendors. You will assist in financial performance analysis, forecasting, preparation of product improvement proposals and in preparation of presentations for management. The position will also assist in implementing procedures for pre-authorization and usage reporting associated with end-user licensing, monitoring non-permitted use, implementing intellectual property rights as well as identifying candidates for and executing external audits.
The Location: New York, USA
The Impact: You will contribute to management decisions by analyzing and presenting data in an insightful manner. This position will drive implementation of a comprehensive licensing, governance, audit and compliance framework to gain value from the ratings data intellectual property thereby directly contributing to financial results.
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play a highly involved role in tracking and implementing our intellectual property rights and in crafting the business strategy by analyzing financial data. It allows for interactions across functional groups; sharpen analysis and presentation skills and developing an understanding of product management strategy and processes.
Our Hiring Manager says: "You will have a strong work ethic, natural intellectual curiosity, ability to translate high level requirements to granular tasks, exercise good judgment, attention to detail and ability to turn around deliverables under tight deadlines. In addition, you should have a strategic mindset, communicate effectively with business partners and work well in a team".
- Prepare management reports and presentations; draw insight from data and present in a clear and concise manner
- Analyze sales reports and financial data to help inform pricing strategy, budget forecasts and deal commercials
- Review commercial contracts to extract key information such as Opt-out dates and restrictions on use
- Prepare product improvement proposals; analyze market needs from client queries; assess market sizing opportunities
- Assist in preparation of audit cases for enforcement of intellectual property and conversion of non-permitted use to licensed contracts
- Execute process flows for third-party vendor contracts involving pre-authorization or post-deal reporting, that eliminates revenue leakage, implements Lean process principles, addresses needs of business partners and optimizes productivity.
- 3 years at a data/ research/ analytics vendor or at a financial institution
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics or related quantitative subject required
- Strong commercial mindset; respond quickly to requests from sales; thrive in fast-paced environment
- Validated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written social skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (in particular advanced Excel, including statistical add-in packages & PowerPoint). Familiarity with major data, research and analytics vendors like Moody's, Fitch, MSCI, FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, ICE Data Services, preferred.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.