Analyst, Quantitative ESG Research
(relevant for internal applicants only): 11 The Location:
New York City, Boston, London, Zurich
S&P Global Sustainable1's ESG Research team is looking for a Quantitative Analyst to i) support the development of its ESG rating framework and ii) publish market-facing research, demonstrating the value of ESG to our clients in the financial industry and beyond. This role offers a unique chance to work at the forefront of innovation in the field of sustainable finance, and to shape S&P Global's research and product offering in this space. The Role:
• This role will contribute S&P Global's quantitative ESG research capabilities, alongside a growing team of quantitative researchers, modelers, data scientists, & sustainability specialists
• The role will require frequent collaboration with specialists across S&P Global, but also the ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for deadlines and deliverables Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $83,200 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires. Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate, through research and thought leadership, how ESG data can be integrated into the investment decision making process
• Present the results of studies and research to a broad group of senior ESG leads across S&P Global
• Represent quantitative ESG research at S&P Global in front of clients, at conferences, etc.
• Work with product development teams on enhancing current ESG products across S&P Global's ESG capabilities
• Explore the integration of alternative data sets from across S&P Global into the firm's ESG research methodologies Qualifications:
• Degree in finance, economics, statistics or other quantitative discipline
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, Matlab etc.
• Understanding of financial markets, portfolio and index construction Preferred:
• PhD in economics, finance, statistics
• 5+ years of quantitative research in the financial industry
• Understanding of the ratings and information industry
• Experience in ESG research
• Strong interest in sustainability topics
• Interest in maturing technologies such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Natural Language Processing
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
263742 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States