- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Mär 19
Application Support Analyst (AVP) # 119389
Service Reliability Engineer within Application Support team. Responsible for:
- Providing application support to internal users (front, middle and back office functions as well as other IT groups) and external clients.
- A strong technology background, comfortable working across a range of systems and technologies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to analyze and understand complex problems, make sound technical decisions/recommendations, and communicate solutions in a proactive manner.
- Possesses scripting/development skills to build effective tooling and remediate simple coding issues.
- Proven experience of automation techniques, approaches and tooling.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate concepts effectively to business users and technologists at all levels.
- Provide operational non-functional requirements in to development team at design stage and ensure requirements result in an operational efficient and robust solution.
- Must demonstrate a keen interest to learn the business and its processes, in order to best support internal users and external clients.
- Must be able to combine attention to detail whilst understanding the wider business and technology context.
- Should be a self-starter, motivated, with aptitude and willingness to learn.
The Principal Responsibilities of this position are:
- Field support queries from users (front office, external clients and internal operations and technology groups) in the US and globally.
- Take ownership for, investigate, log/track and resolve 2nd level support queries. This will involve an understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business concepts.
- Assess the relative severity and impact of incidents on the business and external clients and remediate appropriately.
- Pro-actively identify areas where support queries can be reduced; and identify, document and potentially implement solutions.
- Proactively monitor application and pre-empt issues, ensuring minimal down time and delivery against service levels.
- Accurately record incidents and their resolution and use this to facilitate route cause analysis and permanently fix repeat problems.
- Communicate status and resolution of issues on a timely basis to users and technologists, escalating where appropriate to management.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other technology teams including other global support/business lines, application development, QA and infrastructure (e.g. DBA, server teams, web services, etc.) teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with users, including front office and other internal groups and being the IT Support face off to the Prime Services business in New York.
Position will involve some shift work on a rota basis, with weekend and holiday coverage sometimes required.
Travel to other offices may be required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Good degree in a numerate discipline (for example, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics).
- ITIL certification.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Relevant experience in application support in a Front Office/Trading environment.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Technical skills including SQL, DB, Scripting, Java.
- Monitoring & automation tools.
- Understanding of enterprise systems.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support demanding users with proven ability to handle pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a global team environment.
- Proven ability to assimilate and apply information rapidly and effectively.
- Willingness to learn both the technology and business.
- Self starter with proven experience of ability to multi-task, being able to prioritize and follow through on tasks.
- Uses initiative and creativity in solving issues.
- Willingness to work on a shift basis/flexible hours.
For more information visit Technology Careers.