- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Assistant Vice President, Retail & Wealth Product Strategy
Assistant Vice President, Retail & Wealth Product Strategy
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19019589
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The core activities include safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. With 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and adopt its greatest opportunities, Citi is the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. It has a unique opportunity to leverage its global consumer relationships, state of the art technology and a leading consumer banking position to serve content and deliver true customer value in a targeted and impactful way. Citi is optimizing the business relationship structure to realize a fully integrated global delivery model with technology at its core, where sales, marketing content and product all work in concert to deliver on the cross platform goals of the company to deliver a remarkable customer experience.
About the Position
Operating within the GCB, this role resides within the Global Retail Banking & Consumer Lending team, which is tasked with creating speed, synergy and scale to drive sustainable profitability across our Global Consumer Bank franchise. The team is crafting differentiated value for clients through unique product propositions that cut across - and combine - cards, lending, deposits, investments, insurance and payments.
This role will support team's product strategies including Banking as a Service partnerships, wealth, investments and insurance solutions with the goal of becoming the preeminent bank globally to our emerging affluent, affluent & high net worth segments (CitiPriority, Citigold & Citigold Private Client).
This role will support the formulation and implementation of Global Retail and Wealth Management strategy. The global role includes working with three regional business teams, as well as additional cross-functional stakeholders including legal, compliance, risk, marketing and technology.
This role acts as an internal consultant responsible for driving strategy aligned to business goals. The small size and high caliber of the team drives a focus on high-priority, high-impact issues, including but not limited to:
· Identification and evaluation of growth opportunities across products, geographies and clients
· Project management, execution and tracking
· Products optimization and resource allocation
· Organizational efficiency and design
· Operating model definition and implementation
The role would work closely with Directors/ SVPs on the team in a flat, collaborative structure. Projects are team-based and include close partnership with senior executives and business teams across GCB and Citi.
This role requires being involved in the key strategic initiatives underway, as well as identifying and building out new ideas to drive value to the regions in the form of new sources of revenues, efficiencies and risk and compliance opportunities.
As a key member of the team, this role will take ownership of a wide range of responsibilities, including:
· Analysis of external and internal data, and external and internal environments, to develop insights that inform strategic recommendations
· Research and information assimilation to solve complex problems and facilitate decision-making
· Project and program management across teams and functions
· Preparing materials for senior audiences, including Citi's leadership team and Board of Directors
· Driving implementation of high-priority initiatives and delivery of ad-hoc requests
· Ability to influence teams of peers across multiple geographies by applying consultative, relationship management and influencing skills at all management levels with key stakeholders
· Experience in managing multiple, high complexity global initiatives and projects is a plus
· Ability to track progress, identify execution risks and assess results
· Strong analytical skills. Ability to track and analyze key metrics, to identify trends, to draw insights, to analyze them and to recommend solutions to senior management. Experience in the application of strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills Outstanding communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
· Maturity commensurate with interacting and negotiating with senior level executives. Ability to lead and work through conflict and ambiguity.
· Basic knowledge of financial services, banking drivers and financial statements
· Interest and passion for solving clients' global, wealth management and financial wellness needs
The successful candidate will be outstanding in their field with strong intellectual and analytical capabilities, proven professionalism and maturity and a desire to learn about Wealth Management and the Global Retail Bank.
- 3+ years business experience in financial services
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proven strategic thinking and analytic skills coupled with financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with management and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Able to translate data and metrics from across different constituencies in order to create clear and concise executive presentation materials
- Strong project planning experience; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty and working in a large, complex organization
· Advanced PC skills (e.g., Microsoft Office proficiency), Strong PowerPoint skills a must
· Capable in data analysis and modeling within Excel (confident use of PivotTables, formulas, filters, etc.)