Associate, Procurement & Sourcing
- Not Specified
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 19 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. With over $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
The BlackRock Sourcing and Vendor Management Organization in Finance seeks an Information Technology professional in Sourcing/Procurement to support the deal life-cycle for some or all of the following subcategories: investment technologies and trading platforms, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), cloud infrastructure, digital marketing, bespoke application development & APIs, IT outsourcing, information security, regulatory technology, and other IT procurement-related initiatives on behalf of the Firm. Candidates with experience and technical depth related to negotiating and managing enterprise agreements with major technology suppliers, emerging technology players, and specialized buy-side technology service providers (Red Hat, Dell/EMC, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, CDW, IBM, Oracle, Adobe, Akamai, Splunk, Symantec, Veritas, SAP, IHS Markit, NEX Data Group, MarketAxess, Tradeweb, SWIFT, FIS Global, Clearwater Analytics, Symphony, and Yardi) are encouraged to apply.
Principal duties include:
- Development of strategic sourcing opportunities through the introduction of a competitive bidding, proofs-of-concept, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process reengineering
- Partner with Technology Leads, Vendor Risk, and Legal teams in the negotiation of: Enterprise Licensing Agreements, Unlimited License Agreements, Subscription Agreements, Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) etc.
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract “red-lining” (editing).
- Drive the identification, planning and management of a pipeline of strategic sourcing projects.
- Manage a robust pipeline of transactions in parallel with broader strategic projects
- Market research and benchmarking of suppliers and related service categories
- 5+ years of IT strategic sourcing experience.
- Depth in negotiating deals with information security service providers, software-as-a-service vendors, cloud infrastructure providers, investment technology vendors or trading platform providers.
- Depth in understanding various software licensing options and metrics.
- A passion for the technology sector, including a comprehensive understanding of IT market drivers, trends, and dynamics.
- Ability to influence persuade, motivate and elicit support for key initiatives from senior management and other key stakeholders, by building and delivering clear, well-structured presentations.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Ability to solicit and analyze multiple proposals, create corresponding business cases (including financial reports), and present clear recommendations.
- Effectively uses personal influence skills rather than authority to persuade others and gain support from senior leaders within global organizations
- Financial modelling skills so as to build multiple negotiation scenarios, total cost of ownership models, consumption models, etc.
- Relevant experience in drafting and redlining MSAs, SOWs and SLAs.
- Deep experience with competitive bidding techniques (RFI, RFP, RFQ), vendor selection, vendor risk due diligence, operations management, and vendor dispute/escalation management.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills as well as the ability to negotiate concessions from suppliers with the internal client’s interests in mind.
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage a significant pipeline of deals/transactions simultaneously, while identifying and supporting strategic business transformation initiatives.
- Strong MS Office skills; particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Working experience with Coupa, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, SharePoint and P2P platforms desired, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with preferences for Computer Science, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Innovation Management, Technology Management, Operations Research, Government, Political Science, Sustainability Management, Legal Studies, or Paralegal Studies.
- Advanced degrees in Business, IT (CS, MIS, etc), Law, or Mathematics or related areas are also preferred.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.