Associate Trader, Cash Management - Financing
- New York City, NY, USA New York City NY US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth about 8,500 billion kroner, or about $1 trillion. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are more than 530 people from 30 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Associate Trader, Cash Management, part of the Financing department within our Asset Strategies area. Financing has responsibility for securities lending, cash management, and FX trading for the fund, and has team members in New York, London, Oslo, and Singapore.
The Cash Management team is responsible for managing the financing of the fund’s positions, extracting securities lending revenues from our government bond portfolio through the repo markets, as well as capturing opportunities in the FX- and money-markets. The main trading-tools at our disposal include, but are not limited to, repos, FX-swaps, deposits and investments in short-term government bonds.
Your role will be to create excess return through the execution of the fund’s cash management strategy in America.
The position is located in New York City and will report to the Head of Cash Management. Travel will be required.
• Optimizing the fund’s short-term cash positions in the American time-zone
• Managing the American repo book
• Managing counterparty relationships and associated credit risk
• Monitoring money markets, and implementing trading strategies to capture opportunities
• Regional back-up coverage for FX and Securities Lending trades
• Contributing to the development of in-house trading applications and tools
• Compliance and risk management of collateral and counterparty exposures
• Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
Main Qualifications: The successful applicant will have some of the following background/skills and a willingness to learn.
• University degree in finance or other quantitative field with strong academic records
• Experience in programming languages or data analytics and processing tools (e.g. VBA, SQL, Tableau)
• No prior repo trading experience is required, extensive training will be provided
• Result-oriented with ambition to excel
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management, has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Norges Bank Investment Management, does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to:
Morten Jacobsen, Head of Cash Management, +47 2407 3484.
Please note we can only accept applications via the career portal, please register an online application via www.nbim.no .
Opening date for applications is 6th August 2018
Deadline for application is 31st August 2018
R1 interviews will be in mid September
No Agencies please