- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Audit Manager - Market Risk
Audit Manager - Market Risk
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18039290
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Market Risk is a control function which has the responsibility to measure and monitor the market risks taken by Citi's sales and trading businesses and its investments portfolio. The Market Risk audit team will monitor and audit the controls and processes and regulatory requirements which guide the Market Risk teams.
In this role, the incumbent will be auditing the Market Risk function in North American. The incumbent will be managing audit activities across market risk functions and all asset classes, including Commodities, FX, Equities, Fixed Income, etc. In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to lead the audits as well as be part of the fieldwork. This is an exciting opportunity for market risk professionals or audit professionals who would like to join a high performing team.
- Providing subject matter expertise to support the Head of Audit in identifying and assessing market risks throughout the bank.
- Providing quarterly analysis to Audit management and the product aligned audit teams to inform them on evolution of key market risk developments.
- Conducting periodic reviews of adequate reflection of market risk developments in the business aligned risk assessment profiles.
- Ongoing business monitoring with key market risk management stakeholders as well as keeping abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Recommending plan adjustments to the market risk Head of Audit based on identification of emerging risks through ongoing risk monitoring.
- Supporting in risk led reviews in area of expertise and oversight of adequate coverage of key risks under responsibility in business aligned reviews.
- Supporting of subject matter expert team members as per coverage model and audit plan.
- Maintaining excellent and responsive working relationships with all stakeholders, both within group audit, as well as market risk.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Related certifications (CFA, FRM, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- A solid understanding and of financial services products.
- An understanding of market risk and the broader risk management frameworks.
- A thorough understanding of market risk issues in a global banking control environment.
- Solid understanding of risk management techniques and regulatory requirements.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of traded products, especially those associated with the market risk management.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.