Schroders is seeking a Marketing Business Analyst to join the Digital, Distribution, and Marketing Technology team in New York. The team is responsible for technology-aligned analysis, program oversight, development delivery and support for technical changes for Americas Asset Management technology and market data requirements, including our Latin America and Bermuda offices.
The Marketing Business Analyst will manage our regional martech and adtech platform delivery and ongoing operational efforts. The Marketing Business Analyst is accountable for their assigned platforms and the measurement of performance of those platforms against company objectives. They will also exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership which build long-term and continuously improving platform capabilities.
The candidate will ensure appropriate identification of business needs and deliver effective solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. The candidate will work with all other groups, including the business, Group Change and Global Technology teams to mitigate risk and ensure the effective delivery of business initiatives. Responsibilities
- Interact directly with business users to identify their needs. Leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of marketing platform and data solutions, actively participate in business process design and changes, gather business requirements, and translate those requirements into functional solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure that features and stories, to be delivered, are suitably well defined and structured; as well as to effectively deliver working data solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Partner with data engineers and the wider technology team to enable quality data flows for business insights and personalisation leveraging the Marketing technology stack, second and third party data sources
- Collaborate actively with product owners to ensure the change pipeline is always up to date, and with broader Digital Marketing and Technology teams to ensure alignment on roadmap.
- Organize technical changes from requirement gathering, through development, testing up to documentation & user training.
- Contribute to agile ceremonies, planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks, demos, etc.; ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done
- Manage new data and application onboarding as well as change in existing applications across their entire lifecycle, from design over build, testing and training to the release stage, in collaboration with the vendor and contractors to ensure data requirements are delivered and optimised
- Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Support other team members to improve their analysis skills and experience
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with the latest industry trends in data, Marketing and digital technologies, demonstrate thought leadership and coach other team members
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Familiarity with CMS and SEO best practices
- Excellent understanding of analysis and project management disciplines, processes, and tools
- Experience in monitoring and managing issues, risks and dependencies
- Experience working with web analytics tools (eg Google) and CDP (eg Tealium, Salesforce or Adobe)
- Experience working with data visualisation tooling eg Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop
- Strong reporting skills with a proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working on managing projects across both functional and geographic boundaries
- Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e., workshops, process flow, Visio, BPML) to document system designs, data flows and dependencies
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Continuous improvement mindset challenges the status quo
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of customer data solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
Familiar with Pardot, Salesforce CRM, Hootsuite or similar Marketing Automation tools
- Able to challenge stakeholders diplomatically but robustly when appropriate
- Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
- Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
- Experience and knowledge of Agile frameworks
- Experience working in financial services/asset management industry
Schroders offers a base salary in a range of $100,000 to $130,000 for this position, dependent on qualifications and experience. ADA
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.