At Alqami we believe data should be our clients strongest asset. We provide value to our customers by identifying under-utilised data assets and developing a go-to-market strategy to realise commercial value. We also offer data valuation and advisory services in support of a holistic data strategy and monetisation approach.
Our current focus is matching supply and demand for alternative data across the global marketplace. Alqami is a data intermediary, collaborating with a global partner network matching alternative data providers with data users. We specialise in sourcing large, esoteric, data sets and finding investment managers who would find value in having this information edge.
Alqami is looking for a Business Development Manager to meet the growing demands of the business. They will own the Sales function for the US region specifically for Demand clients and leads. This role is ideal for someone who is driven, articulate, social, with a high energy for success and a natural leader, whose background is financial services and brings a network of hedge fund and asset management clients.
Reporting to Head of Business Development based in the UK, your key responsibilities will include:
- Management and development of existing and new relationships with Demand clients based in the US
- Assist with implementing new sales and marketing campaigns for the US region
- Reporting & Planning, weekly basis for sales and assisting Head of BD with activity and resource allocation based on pipeline
- Identify Demand client needs and provide feedback to broader sales team to ensure the team works efficiently
- Develop and enhance client relationships to ensure the business achieves a boutique service offering
- Keeping up with current trends in the industry and building the company’s brand name and network
- Research and insight, initiating potential business partnerships
- Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the organization's reputation within the industry and develop demand client leads
- Ensuring correct practices are being met.
- Driving profitability of the US region
Required Skills and qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Ability to establish, maintain, and expand effective partnerships and relationships
- Ability to independently manage a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a BDM role
- Proven track record of enterprise or data services sales in the financial services industry
- Team management skills
- Ability to work in a virtual office setting as well as regular office environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
It’s a great time to join our growing business and talented team. To submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We respectfully ask that no Recruitment Agencies contact us regarding this role.