CIB data design - Sr. Data Visualization & Interaction Specialist
J.P. Morganoffers a broad range of financial services. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expandits reach, we are builders at heart. Ourglobal teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and working together toempower people, small businesses, corporations and governments in more than 100countries. This role is in the wholesalepayments business which includes treasury services, merchant acquiring,commercial card and trade finance, together driving $11bn in yearly revenue andprocessing $6 trillion in payments daily.
The data anddesign (d d) team in JP Morgan is a rapidly growing team responsible for transformingthe way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision makingwith science. We are data scientists andengineers, design strategists and product managers. We model our payment network which represents20% of global US$ flow, to derive insights and create new revenue generatingdata products. We work with our clientsas well as our product, sales, service and operations teams.
We needinfluencers who can support our clients and internal teams with insightssurfaced from our data. If you likebreaking down needs in creative ways, uncovering analytical insights andvisualizing them in powerful ways then the data design team would like to speakwith you. We are looking for a Sr. Data Visualization and Interaction Specialist
who can leverage data, design and modern front-end technologies to help userschange the way they make decisions. What you'll do:
- Designand develop (in partnership with engineers, data scientists and productmanagers) interactive products that combinethe power of human expertise and data science
- Conductuser research (including developing hypotheses), identify user needs, distillfindings into data visualization solutions
- Develophigh level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes
Who you are:
- Quantitativebackground (BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics)with extensive experience in design and visualization,
alternatively BA/BS in a Design ( interaction, graphic, visual communications,product, industrial) or HCI with an extensive experience of working with dataand analytical problems
- 5 years of hands-on experience in a data visualization role
- Experienceusing analytics tools and libraries for interactive data visualizations inbrowsers (Plotly and D3.js strongly preferred)
- Strongportfolio of data visualization-focused projects for web and mobileapplications
- Hybrid at your core - Youcombine deep data insight with storytelling and visualization skills marryingthat with a user experience background. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learnand synthesize in a high-performing culture.
- Quantitative by nature - Demonstrated ability to conduct complexsubstantive analysis on large data sets to transform them into simple visualsand dashboards for analytical and non-analytical audiences .
- Influence and communication mastery - Ability to communicate with high levelstakeholders. Highly articulate, builtupon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. Outstanding presentation skills, includingpresenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Cognitive Skill - Ability to root out fundamental issues,bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant conceptual frameworks, and drive toclear decisions. Superb at problem structuring, integrating thinking, problemsolving towards practical business insight
- Aestheticsense - excellent taste,ability to critically reflect on the quality of design work and explain designdecisions. Relentless desire to balance functionality and beauty