We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Commercial Real Estate ("CRE") Debt Overview
PIMCO currently invests in real estate debt opportunities through the flagship PIMCO Commercial Real Estate Debt Fund ("PCRED I"), a closed-end fund focused on traditional bridge lending throughout the U.S. In addition to PCRED I, the CRE debt team also invests in real estate debt opportunities through several other existing credit strategies with capital flexibility up and down the CRE debt risk spectrum.
The firm's U.S. real estate debt team sources, underwrites, and invests along the entire debt capital stack including senior mortgages, mezzanine financing, CBMS, and preferred equity. The team benefits from a flexible pool of capital with the ability to invest across asset types, geographies, and the capital structure. Location:
New York, NY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop cash flow projection models underwriting unlevered and levered borrower and lender returns
- Lead due diligence relating to new investments, including the review of business plans, third-party reports, title/survey, historical financial statements, leases, vendor contracts, and market research.
- Responsible for relationship management with target borrower accounts and mortgage brokers including originating credit opportunities
- Run the deal execution process, including drafting and negotiating term sheets, and reviewing deal documentation.
- Work with PCRED's financing sources to procure leverage for debt investments
- Support asset management of fund investments, including developing and executing business plans, and managing relationships with sponsors, mortgage brokers, financing sources, and third party-service providers
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of investments
- Build and maintain portfolio models as necessary
- Prepare detailed Investment Committee memos and presentations
- Support the development of new business initiatives in commercial real estate debt for PIMCO
- 10+ years of relevant real estate investment banking or private equity experience. Asset-level underwriting experience highly preferred
- Exceptional financial modeling skills and proficiency in Argus
- Outstanding academic credentials and demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong work ethic and integrity, candidate should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Strong analytical, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to join an entrepreneurial team and grow along with the platform
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Frequent travel as needed
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office