CTO AIX AI/ML Engineering lead
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. It is on the transformation journey to be a client-centric technology driven company over the last few years. With an annual tech budget of $10B , it has started significantly investing and building in the next generation core infrastructure, data and AI technology.
As the next push into this investment, JPMC is hiring the best talents to join the newly-formed AI engineering team. We are executing like a startup and building the next generation technology that combines JPMC unique data and full service advantage to develop high impact AI applications and platforms in the financial services industry. We are looking for people who are excited about the opportunity.
As the lead for the AI/ML feature team based in NYC you will be responsible for driving delivery of AI/ML Platform capabilities through hands on leadership of a team of software engineers. Primarily focused on leveraging Cloud technologies / services. The successful candidate will be an expert in one or more of the following Cloud, AI/ML, Data Management and Data Security as well as have a proven track record of rapid delivery of product capabilities through agile iterative approach.
- Leads the design, analysis, development, and delivery of AI/ML products and services to internal JPMC customers to the JPMC standards & security requirements
- Works collaboratively with all customer and supplier organizations both internal and external to the CTO AIX group to provide seamless product delivery to the end consumers
- Cultivates trust through personal and team relationships with senior management and key stakeholders inclusive of MD's and responsible for periodic reporting, KPI reporting
- Coaches and develops the delivery team to a high level of performance and delivery as well as high level of technical competency
- Stays current on emerging technology trends and capabilities, leverages these capabilities where it makes business sense for the JPMC AI/ML platform
- Engages with SRE team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability
- Contributes to the definition of the strategic roadmap and its execution; inclusive of R&D of emerging industry trends
- Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
- Deploys the software and product upgrades
- Facilitates maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to error budgets of the service
- Manages the effort split between manual operational work and engineering work
- Articulate complex AI/ML and data science problems and comfortable presenting solutions to Senior Management in business language while driving resolution
- Embrace & promote cultural embodiment of group and firm
BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in computer science
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on leadership of high-performing, agile-based engineering teams
- 6 years of experience architecting integrated stack solutions (storage, network, compute) within an enterprise scale production environment
- 6 years of experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter and Blaze meter etc.
- Experience in Anaconda, Jupyter, open source framework.
- Experienced in at least one programming language, preferably python
- Cloud computing: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Experience in setting CI/CD pipeline.
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Familiarity with AWS ML/Sagemaker, Azure ML, Google AI would be preferred.
- 8 years of incident resolution experience in an large scale operations environment
- Experience in big data technologies.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.