About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Client Analyst, in conjunction with the relevant Client Service Manager, provides timely and accurate support to our clients and consultants. The analyst will work closely with members of the team, as well as many other functional areas of the firm, onboarding and servicing our fund investors/ distribution partners specifically primarily for Latin America and North America. He/she will coordinate production of client/consultant reporting and presentations, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of operational and fund specific topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. Client Analysts also participate in various projects and cross functional working groups related to the Client Service Management function. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination of the client reporting in their book of business
- Presentation materials coordination, submitting requests through Salesforce and project managing the process until the final draft is signed off.
- Assisting the CSM on account opening and closing processes along with subscriptions and redemptions, share class transfers, dividend payments, rebates and AML (Anti-Money Laundering)/KYC (Know your Client)/KYD (Know your Distributor) processes
- Liaise extensively with our internal and external Transfer Agent teams to fulfil queries for our clients and their specific requirements on the LATAM book of business which has highly customized operational requirements
- Maintaining client information in our proprietary systems, setting up automated processes within the subscription center and client portal tools within Salesforce
- Coordinating with appropriate teams on all Wellington related cashflow events (subs/reds/transfers) and coordinating these with the Transfer Agent to ensure on-time execution
- Maintaining a servicing relationship with our Distribution Partners, working with the teams globally to ensure agreements are in place & the needs of their end clients are met
- General ad-hoc servicing of all clients - the first port of call for any issues & queries related to the business
- Respond to daily ad-hoc inquiries from both internal and external shareholders on a wide variety of topics ranging from fund product specific information, client account information, fund accounting/trading queries, fees, performance,
- Involvement in the implementation of regulatory changes and reporting and provide guidance to clients and distributors
- Opportunity to develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offering and investment processes
The Client Analyst will have relevant professional experience within the investment management industry or administrator, with strong operational knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationships is viewed favorably. A university degree is desirable. Sound business judgement, strong communication skills, and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are a must.
Key qualifications include:
- Attention to detail, ability to be forensic and analytical in resolving client queries (source data, analyze data, draw conclusions)
- Strong client service ethic and mindset, prior experience of working within a client service function preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Good organization skills are essential, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities against time pressures
- A demonstrated interest and understanding of capital markets and investment strategies
- Language skills to assist with our regional coverage of the LATAM book would be preferable but not essential (Spanish/Portuguese)
- Strong academic credentials and/or willingness to pursue professional qualification is desirable but not required (CFA, IMC, CAIA)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)