Cloud Operations Specialist
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 Nov 18
Cloud Operations Specialist
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businessesâ€"and to our own.
The Web Operations team is part of the Enterprise Computing organization within Morgan Stanley. Our team maintains a presence in several locations globally and is focused on supporting all web based technologies used within the firm.
This position will specialize in supporting cloud and container based platforms used by both internal and external clients.
You will integrate into a global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the technologies we support. In this position you will work closely with developers, engineering, and other operations personnel to provide best in class service and deliver a high-performing and highly-reliable technology platform.
- Create, maintain, and streamline all operations and processes for Public Cloud and Container based technologies. This includes training, documentation, customer and vendor engagement, automation, and tooling.
- Implement a centralized support model for the Public Cloud and supporting infrastructure that promotes lean practices
- Advocate for a DevOps approach to traditional system administration tasks, leading by example.
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to provide input on new component functionality, system performance, capacity management, monitoring, and testing of infrastructure upgrades and platform releases.
- Perform Incident, Problem, and Change Management for supported platforms.
- 3 to 5 of years of experience supporting an enterprise-level hosting environment and maintaining high-availability production systems.
- Competency in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Powershell, C#, Java)
- Excellent understanding of internet and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Infrastructure deployment experience in the Public Cloud (AWS Preferred)
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies (Cloudify, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Knowledge of system monitoring in cloud environments, including cloud-specific products and tools
- Experience in developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Familiarity with analytics platforms such as Splunk and leveraging them to gain operational intelligence
- ITIL Concepts