Commercial Banking – Risk, Advisory & Control Engineer
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 15 Feb 19
Commercial Banking – Risk, Advisory & Control Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Consumer and Commercial Banking Division(CCBD) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Commercial Banking Commercial Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. CCBD Commercial Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build the overall risk profile of the commercial banking division and work with stakeholders to create a plan towards reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialized manner
• Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
• Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have technology impact
• Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
• Contribute to global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
• Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
• Develop, maintain, and improve Technology Risk Program reflecting new emerging risks
• Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security and BCP within the region
• Partner closely with the commercial banking security engineering team to achieve a fully digitized control infrastructure where controls policy is consumable and managed as code and implementation is driven off a continuous controls framework that generates appropriate data driven artifacts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience leveraging test driven development technics
• Comfort with Agile operating models
• Team oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Partner with the application development and platform teams within Commercial banking BU in all aspects of risk and control management
• Manage adherence to the Corporate Standards
• Evaluate and analyze open issues and action plans to enable transparency of progress being made towards expected completion dates
• Represent the Commercial Banking division on various Firmwide risk and control initiatives
• Assist on specific cross functional initiatives and projects in terms of control requirements definition and validating control implementation artifacts
• Maintain and enhance the reporting of risk and control related issues and events • Support the creation of important and sensitive reports for the senior management, control committees and forums, the Board and regulators
• BA/BS in related field
• Previous significant experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Surveillance, Internal/External Audit or other control function desired
• Basic knowledge of securities markets, risk management practices, and regulations desired.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to aggregate and interpret data
• Strong technical skills with past experience manipulating data and working with large sets
• Strong business judgment and excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong project management skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
• Work autonomously to affect change
• Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
• Reporting / Analytics (e.g., collect aggregate controls reporting information for internal audits / exams, generate reporting, metrics, KRI/KPI, scorecards in support of and evaluation of operational risk and controls, support input and reporting of LOB-wide issues and action plans)
• Training / Guidance Writing (e.g., develop procedures, templates and guidance)
• Tools / Technology (e.g., participate in testing of technology platforms)
• Project Management (e.g., liaise with firmwide process leads and provide PMO support)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.