Commercial Product, Analyst
Commercial Product, Analyst Job Description Summary:
The S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Network team is seeking a business intelligence analyst to support our investment research products. Our product has experienced strong growth for five consecutive years, and we are responsible for leading and supporting S&P Global Market Intelligence's commercial engagements to win new business and retain existing clients. You will be an integral part of the team, serving as a key point of client contact and responsible for supporting the needs of our sales team, clients and third-party research providers with a variety of impactful BI activities.
Compensation/Benefits Information: S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68.3k to $141.8 k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Job Responsibilities
Qualifications and skills required:
- Provide pre-sale analytics that drives continued growth of our research business, as well as post-sale analytics to support renewals.
- Serve as product expert with clients, sales and contributors, providing frontline product support, including client product training, the development of effective marketing materials, and responding to detailed product inquiries.
- Work with cross functional teams to engage clients, ensure accurate reporting and operational excellence, and proactively develop solutions to meet client and contributor requirements.
- Provide specialty support and participate in various business development activities and client engagements (as directed)
- Actively explore business development opportunities through data analysis, and execute on business development initiatives with clients and contributors directly as part of commercial or product campaigns.
- Deepen relationships with Americas S&P Global Commercial team and Global Research Network team to further enhance our data analysis, business intelligence tools and identify operational efficiencies.
- Acquire a deep understanding of our research product and client requirements, and participate in product testing and release support.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the financial industry
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work on team-based projects, as well as work independently.
- Integrity and accountability, and the desire to own projects until they are completed.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Experience working with external clients and demonstrated service or sales abilities is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264036 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States