Compensation Analyst - Assistant Director
Job Description The candidate will be responsible for the administrative operations of the MA Sales Compensation Plans by ensuring proper process and controls are in place. This is a team lead role, supervising one team member and reporting to the head of the Compensation Administration team who is based in San Francisco. The role will support Sales Compensation Plan implementation, maintain participants records as well as related hierarchy in the Sales Performance Management (SPM) system. To succeed in this role, the candidate will work closely with Sales Management, Sales Strategy, Territory Management team and various systems teams.
- Implement Sales Compensation Plans and manage ongoing maintenance; prepare and assist with compensation plan distribution via Apttus; implement and maintain compensation plan data in the Sales Performance Management system
- Work with the sales organization to continually identify and gather required enhancements to the compensation plan and analyze potential impact of such changes
- Maintain comp plan/component matrix and conduct incentive effectiveness analysis; provide ad hoc reporting / analysis for management decision making
- Assist to ensure proper controls are in place for internal and external audits
- Produce various reporting including commission accounting reporting, commission review analysis, compensation survey reporting, etc.
- Support guidance and training to various sales representatives surrounding the compensation process procedure and program details
- Collaborate with the broader Sales Analytics team and sales management to timely resolve sales compensation issues in line with the corporate policies and compensation plan
- Prepare data reconciliations as necessary, for example between Salesforce CRM and the Sales Performance Management system
- Participate in the integration process for new acquisitions and projects as required
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6+ years of experience in the business environment
- Process oriented with strong project management skills and experience in setting up controls and governance
- Independent, self-starter who can work cross functionally and build strong working relationships with internal departments and senior stakeholders
- Hard working and diligent personality with strong attention to detail
- Management or coaching experience
- K nowledge of sales compensation plan design, principles and best practices a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com and IBM Cognos ICM Implementation or other compensation management systems a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; Knowledge of BI reporting tool such as Tableau a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.