This position requires strong knowledge of US securities regulation. Position requires knowledge of US regulation and a working knowledge of relevant international compliance regulation as well as federal, state and local regulatory reporting. The candidate must be able to provide advice to the business relating to US regulation of investment advisers, broker dealers, commodity trading advisers and investment companies. The candidate must be capable of interacting with business heads and provide advice, training or succinct explanations of US securities regulation. The candidate must have the ability to make practical judgment based on securities regulation and knowledge of the advisory business. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the drafting or amending compliance procedures to reflect new regulatory requirements or best practices. Candidate must be able to work independently and possess judgment about when issues need to be escalated to the Americas CCO or General Counsel. The successful candidate must have superior communication and drafting skills in order to draft memoranda and reports to senior management and clients. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to help develop junior staff members. Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include all areas of maintaining an investment advisory, commodity trading adviser and broker-dealer compliance program including:
- Provide advice by phone and e-mail to business and compliance colleagues in a large multi-national investment adviser.
- Acting as liaison with auditors-internal and external-and regulators to produce documentation relating to reviews of the Schroders compliance program.
- Maintaining and updating compliance manuals for a registered investment adviser and drafting new policies as necessary.
- Reviewing and/or supervising the review of program areas including employee personal securities, RFPs and marketing documents, financial crime and advisory reporting, including Form ADV.
- Performing or assisting in performing annual reviews of the investment adviser and conducting mock SEC audits as needed.
- Preparing, editing or supervising the editing of reports describing errors and omissions and measures being employed to prevent recurrence of errors.
- Collaborating with relevant business management and compliance colleagues on the actions or projects to be undertaken relating to regulatory developments, and educating and training relevant business and staff.
- Assisting with the oversight of compliance arrangements with relevant regulatory regimes and group polices relating to Schroders activities in Canada and South America.
- Conducting reviews as part of compliance assurance program, including second line oversight of financial crime processes.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 7-10 years of experience working within an investment adviser and/or securities regulators.
- Strong knowledge of SEC advisory regulation
- Knowledge of commodities and mutual fund regulation
- Knowledge of ERISA as it pertains to asset managers
- Strong communication skills, written or spoken, for both one to one and larger audiences
- Knowledge and experience in preparing for or conducting SEC examinations.
- Experience conducting compliance testing, monitoring and surveillance activities
- Familiarity with global regulatory developments as they pertain to the asset management business.
- Experience in a global business whether headquartered in the US or London
- Experience with Aladdin or other order management systems helpful but not essential
- Experience with Canadian securities regulators helpful but not essential
- FINRA/NFA licenses including any of Series 3, 6 and 7 is a plus
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.