Credit Product Specialist
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 18 Nov 18
Credit Product Specialist
S&P Global Market Intelligence's (MI) Product Specialist organization supports S&P Global's objective of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally. As a Product Specialist on the Americas Credit Product Specialist Team you will be responsible for representing a range of credit products and quantitative models managed by the firm's Risk Services area. These products (e.g., RatingsDirect, RatingsXpress, Credit Analytics, Scorecards, etc.) are utilized by professionals in Investment Management, Banking, Insurance and Corporates for credit risk assessment/scoring, surveillance, benchmarking and regulatory reporting.
The solutions contain data and analytics from S&P Global Ratings, including credit ratings, research and ratings performance models covering transitions, defaults and recoveries (Ratings IP). Additionally, MI develops and maintains quantitative credit scoring models that generate credit scores and probabilities of default. As an experienced new hire, role will require proficiency across the multiple products in the Risk Services suite. Finally, a macro-view possessing familiarity with broader MI commercial offerings (e.g., CIQ Desktop, LCD, etc.) and their application in fixed income and the debt capital markets will be beneficial.
As member of the commercial organization, priority will be to promote new sales, client retention, cross-sell opportunities and other relationship-driven discussions. You will have direct impact on pre-sale and early-stage diagnostic conversations that validate and further qualify or advance new sales leads. Proactive engagement and strategic account planning with Relationship Managers on client retention and renewals will also be important.
Additionally, engagement with key internal stakeholders will include Product (client/prospect feedback, market and competitive insights), Education (assist or supplement various training initiatives) and other Product Specialist teams.
We value partnership, relationships and communication. The Americas team is a small group of experienced credit-focused specialists supporting a large salesforce across the array complex products and solutions. It is crucial that you are a great teammate with a positive attitude. You will be required to participate in interactions that may range from basic, fundamental credit use case discussions to a more developed, sophisticated multi-product quantitative solution. We recognize and elevate hard work, dedication, self-starters and thought leadership.
- As a true 'subject matter expert' you will be tasked with speaking to and demonstrating product attributes while leading on-site and virtual meetings/calls. Understanding prospect/client personas and workflows and quickly connecting to real-world, practical use cases during these meetings is essential.
- Operate in partnership with Sales professionals (Sales Executives and Relationship Managers) on all aspects of the commercialization and licensing of Ratings IP and proprietary MI credit models.
- Leading or contributing to diagnostic and discovery conversations with prospects and listen for or uncover whitespace opportunities within existing clients.
- Provide guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle; contributions may include product positioning to pre-sale trial training and guidance, as well as, advice to Sales professionals on pricing, packaging or entitlements.
- Support client renewal conversations and convey value proposition to validate proposed price increases; promote product usage via training sessions and other 'best practice' demonstrations for existing clients.
- Execute against go-to-market strategy, participate in communicating product release enhancements and provide on-going training to Sales professionals plus others in the commercial organization.
- Partner closely with other internal stakeholders, such as Product Management, Legal and Client Support teams; additionally other Credit Product Specialists serving in a similar capacity in EMEA and APAC regions.
- Gather and communicate market feedback, competitive intelligence and regulatory/legal/compliance developments to internal stakeholders.
- Be mindful of other Market Intelligence products, identify and relay other credit product / cross-sell opportunities while supporting the mandate of the broader Credit Product Specialist team.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, corporate finance, commerce or related subjects; MBA, CFA will be a plus. 5 to 8 years relevant industry, experience and a consistent track record in a product, consultative sales or other market data related role
- Comprehensive understanding of fixed income/credit markets gained via experience at financial institution, asset manager or financial data/technology firm
- Strong commercial mindset with prior experience selling to, speaking to or in the capacity of targeted personas or firms
- Constructive and flexible team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence in meetings, presentations and interacting with senior executives and decision makers over the phone or in person
- A willingness to learn, approach challenges creatively and possesses intellectual curiosity
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce
- Some travel (domestic) will be necessary