- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 21 Mär 19
S&P Market Intelligence
The Role: Data Specialist
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 11A
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The Performance Optimization Program team(POP) is responsible for providing database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements, identifying and rectify database errors in a timely manner, maintaining standard policies for database development activities, managing and monitoring performance, capacity and security of database systems.
The Impact: You are a critical team member in providing monthly custom analytics to our client base. The role is technical, analytical and client focused, involving in-depth data and trend analysis as well as ensuring data integrity and quality in database systems.
What's in it for you:
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Opportunity to sharpen your technical and quantitative analysis skills
- Form relationships with key employees among customers. Build plans to address clients' business needs. Advise clients on crafting profitable processes. Act as point of contact for all client related matters and escalate issues as appropriate. Collaborate with commercial team to address client's needs and requests.
- Produce and deliver Semi-Annual presentations, monthly deliverables (Guidelines, Maturing Loans, PER). Document each process associated for each respective Bank/Account. Test and validate the output.
- Providing technical assistance in performing empirical data analysis to derive bank and market pricing grids.
- Database support in building pricing grids based on a price-inefficient market, which involves identifying outliers or story credits and examining inconsistent results across banks and/or market segments. Implementing rules to interpolate and/or extrapolate the grids in a manner which is consistent with the underlying data and makes sense from a business standpoint.
- Identify inconsistencies in the grids as per the established audit rules. Apply the standard business rules for interpolating and extrapolating the grids where needed
- Validate whether the portfolio data is reasonable given the established business rules and given the client's historical data profile. Examples include resolving whether the fee data in the current period may be understated, the risk rating scale, has changed, the organizational hierarchy used to map geographies has changed, and whether data anomalies exist.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability. Perform database maintenance and troubleshooting activities. Support in the maintenance of Excel-based pricing tools, used to deliver custom analysis to customers.
- Analyzing data to ensure that pricing guidelines are consistent with both current market pricing and the directional trend in pricing.
- Testing and validating data to be included in client deliverables. This includes identifying disparities between the current and prior reports or other deliverables and resolving the issues in conjunction with other team members.
- Assist with one-off data and analytical requests, on an as-needed basis.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Degree in computer science/finance and/or coursework in statistics.
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint.
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics.
- Knowledge of financial markets; experience with commercial loans or fixed income.
- Strong data mining skills - capable of aiding in the design and execution of financial models and analytics to mine customer loan portfolio data for trends and technical analysis
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to mine data in order to draw meaningful conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication - meaningful for supporting team and collaborating with clients.
- Strong customer management skills, including the ability to interact with senior as well as mid-level management.
- MBA preferred
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.