- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Feb 19
Data and Analytics Research and Platform Developer, AVP ( #119390)
AES is the flagship product in the firm's electronic trading franchise, which is used to execute orders on behalf of clients in markets around the globe. The role offers a superb opportunity to learn about global electronic trading, working for the industry-recognized global leader in Algorithmic Trading. AES has a great deal of information throughout its plant spanning from client orders, algorithmic trades, exchange fills, Smart Order Router data, Direct Market Access data, commissions, fees, research data, product information, and tick data. This information spans among not only multiple databases, but databases of different technology including Netezza, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and OneTick. You will be closely working with research analytics platform that use these vast and diverse data for fundamental research to improve existing and explore new trading algorithms. The research platform is used to support traders, quants, research and consulting group (RCG). You will work very closely with the Research and Consulting group to take the ownership of tools created by the group, to lead the reporting platform and to support the research infrastructure. Additional responsibilities will include assisting traders and research teams with data centric analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the AES Research and Consulting Group for requirements and analysis
- Working with a globally distributed development and support team.
- Taking ownership of the tools built and used by RCG including Shiny applications, Jupytor, OrderViewer, and JobControl.
- Develop, deploy and maintain modular/shared research libraries written in R.
- Taking ownership of the reports produced by the RCG group including debugging, monitoring and updating.
- Understand the algo products we offered in AES.
- Closely collaborate with the AES Analytic team in Mumbai to ensure that there are no data gaps and data issues.
- Taking ownership and support of the research environment used by RCG: Linux hosts, NFS/local disks, memory management and Linux shared libraries.
- Working with Unix/Linux admins to resolve hardware/software issues.
- Monitor and support reports created by RCG on daily basis.
- The ability to work on different projects and with different technologies.
- Configuration and release management.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Do you have 1-5 years of experience in equity and investment banking?
- You have strong analytical background with particular emphasis on mathematics and statistics skills or data science.
- Do you have solid experience in any of the following scripting languages: UNIX shell scripting, R, and Python?
- You have solid experience in database technologies such as Oracle, Netezza, Sybase, or MSSQL.
- Do you have strong experience with Unix/Linux environment?
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective time management - Are you able to work under pressure and meet project deadlines?
- You have experience in high frequency tick data via OneTick is a plus.
- Do you have good interpersonal skills - dedicated, confident, strong communication skills with good work attitude?
- Are you a good teammate and manager? - The team has a reputation for being able to deliver high quality work and for upholding high standards.
- You have the ability to perform under pressure, both on individual and team assignments.
For more information visit Technology Careers.