- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Standort: New York City, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented and motivated DevOps/Cloud Architect. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated hands-on individual with a strong focus on automation, continuous integration and deployment, and has a deep understanding of the offerings within the AWS cloud technology stacks. You will be responsible for utilizing these technologies to migrate applications from on-prem to cloud, improve development cycles, and ensure scalability and reliability. Experience with Windows and Linux, Amazon Web Services, source control systems, and configuration management tools is essential.
You'll be required to assess security and technical challenges, migrate an application from on-prem to cloud, then establish "cloud-ready" development best practices, and become the evangelist for cloud technologies within the team and organization.
This is a senior position requiring superior cloud knowledge, scripting and automation skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude. You will not be micro-managed and will be working with a fun, passionate and dedicated DevOps team, which is responsible for releases, automation, innovating and introducing new capabilities that can be used across the organization.
The engineering team you will be joining operates more like a start-up than might be expected from the well-established, financially stable firm that we are. We practice agile development (fast iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build processes). Our team enjoys working together and we share the same goal of building and shipping great products. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
The team is responsible for building the next generation version of a web application used by governments and companies all over the world. Our office is located in downtown Manhattan in a brand new building. To learn more about the types of products we work on visit www.moodysanalytics.com and www.moodys.com
We are looking for someone passionate about building scalable, performant, reliable systems using the latest tools and technologies.
- Gain exposure to the Software development lifecycle, following Agile and company's compliance and governance
- Leading on-prem to AWS cloud migration projects using automation and scripting
- Automate and improve the continuous integration and continuous delivery process
- Manager and maintain the hybrid environments in On-Premise data center and Cloud
- Hands on individual with a strong focus on automation, high availability, fault tolerance, scalable and elasticity infrastructure setup
- Cooperate with Moody's worldwide groups to do support and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience in Build/Release, Configuration management, DevOps
- Minimum of 1 year with cloud (AWS) experience
- Proficient in scripting languages including but not limited to Groovy, Powershell, Python, and Bash
- Experience with templating (YAML and JSON)
- Ability to take the lead on a cloud migration project
- Experience with source control tools (Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with any configuration management and automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Understanding of Agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery with knowledge in both .NET and Linux environments
- Experience with SQL Server
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Willing to work in a fast pace and multitasking environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.