Developer - Full Stack
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Developer - Full Stack
Regulatory Finance and Corporate Tax Technology IT in New York is looking for a Strong Developer.
The Regulatory Finance and Corporate Tax Technology team is a global organization with around 100 employees providing technology solutions to regulatory and legal entity controllers across the regions, working on a combination of regional and global solutions that support the firm?s Finance Department in the accounting, regulatory controllership, financial reporting and Tax functions. The primary focus of the team is on delivery of outstanding solutions to our internal business clients. We encourage every member of the team to learn the business in addition to being outstanding software developers. We value teamwork and collaboration and the ability to work across Global boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for migrating the legacy platform, which is mostly Perl and Shell Script to a more modern platform (Java/HTML5.) The candidate will work hand in hand with the Lead architect, BA and the business to understand the business needs. Once a good understanding exists, the candidate will work with the Lead architect in building out the solution, and decommissioning the legacy system. The candidate needs to be a strong developer and have a wide variety of skill sets, which include Java and HTML5 (future state) and Perl/Shell scripting (legacy). They must be willing to learn new technologies, and be strong and delivering results.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Working to dissect/understand the legacy code (Perl/Shell scripts HTML5)
- Help design future state (DB, Java, HTML5)
- University degree holder in relevant discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- 5+ years software development experiences.
- 5+ years on software development life cycle management.
- Strong process orientation with in-depth understanding of SDLC.
- Strong expertise in Core Java.
- Knowledge of HTML5 (AngularJS a plus)
- Perl / Linux scripting
- Working knowledge of Database with strong fundamentals in database designing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to work with Global Teams
- High performance non-relational database (e.g. KDB)
- Working experience in finance services industry