Developer (Blockchain/DLT Technologies)
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit ..
- 22 Sep 17
The Developer is required to develop and support the new DLT services as a part of shared services platform. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of current Blockchain technologies (particularly Ethereum) and a knowledge of the finance domain will be a plus.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Work as a part of the team to design, develop and support the DLT service.
- Develop tools to support and optimize the development and deployment of the DLT platform..
- Work with testers to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
- Follow and adopt best practices.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of development experience building java based systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Java as well as working knowledge of Node JS. Should have experience working on server system systems developed using Spring Boot and Node JS.
- Experience with one or more of Linux, Docker, AWS, DevOp will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Blockchain / DLT technologies such as Ethereum, Hyperledger would be a plus.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of basic financial market terminology is desirable but not essential.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
IHS Markit is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. We provide products that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. Founded in 2003, we employ over 3,000 people in 11 countries. For more information, please see www.ihsmarkit.com