Director Site Reliability Engineering
The Location: CO, VA, NJ, NY, Virtual Grade:
13 The Team:
S&P Global Sustainable1 is looking for an Engineer leader to build and lead our emerging team of Site Reliability Engineers and Quality Engineering to design, deliver and support platforms powering our business. Reporting into the CTO You will lead a team responsible for p roviding quality, scalability, reliability, and stability solutions for our growing business needs. Also focuses on the development of a robust quality engineering process and practices. Our platforms p rovide information and analysis that help our customers gain valuable insights into market segments that drive investment decisions. What is in it for you:
- Lead, automate and operate our platforms and make it more reliable, stable, and scalable as our usage grows and technology transforms.
- Lead teams to partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Develop and lead a strategy to build SRE practice with an emerging team of engineers.
- Develop a Quality Assurance Management strategy, framework, tools and implementation plan for daily quality assurance for all platforms and services
- Transition and collaborate with leaders across S&P Technology organizations to help drive our migration to cloud-based solutions.
- Work with software engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and tackle problems, creating an engineering culture within the organization.
- Form cross-functional partnerships and work closely with developers and product managers to identify productivity, production quality and coverage issues, and provide insight on improving both through scale and tooling.
- You will initiate , influence and drive SRE within technology organizations and work with product teams on operations and support models .
- You will define what it means for the system to be available and dictate the availability SLO of the system.
- Build and support on-prem environment as needed.
- Improve our service observability.
- Improve our incident response and maintain operational excellence.
- Establish key objectives and project prioritization for the teams.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a leadership role
- You are an experienced Site Reliability Engineer.
- Proven record of team and functional transformation.
- Quality first mindset with a strong background and experience with developing products for a global audience at scale.
- Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment.
- Ability to lead across geographically disparate organizations.
- Must be able to engage and influence stakeholders on complex issues.
- Know how to use automation tools like Terraform, Jenkins, or Ancible
- Are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux/Windows
- Excellent analytical thinking, Customer oriented mindset, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to deploy new practices and tooling to keep current with the industry.
- Strong understanding of processes and tooling for quality assurance, performance, security, and ADA.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- AWS experience - holder of AWS certifications a plus.
- As a great influencer with effective communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
- Financial services industry experience will be a plus but not necessary
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $122,200 to $279,90 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
267423 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States