Director of Application Development
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 13 Dez 18
Director of Application Development
The Title: Director of Application Development
The Location: 55 Water Street New York, New York
The Role: As a hands-on Application Developer for the new Options/Derivatives platform you will take part in building out new functionalities and enhancing existing functionalities of the system. You will work closely with other full-stack developers, QA and application support team. Derivatives platform is being built using Data Lake, Micro-Services and On-Demand Computing architecture. It heavily utilizes Amazon Web Services components. Platform also has a User Interface.
- 7 years of hands on Java development experience. Experienced working with messaging (JMS/SQS/MQ) and design patterns preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in UI development using Angular JS, JQuery/Ext JS, HTML5 & CSS.
- Hands on experience in at least one relational database (Oracle, Sybase, or SQL Server)
- Hands on experience in Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experienced in AWS technologies such as Lambda function, EMR, API Gateway, SQS
- Experience working with non-relational database solutions.
- Experience working with source code control systems such as SVN and Git.
- Any experience in building risk and analytical applications is a huge plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS in Computer Science is preferred.
- Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.