Engineering-L2-NEW YORK-Vice President-Software Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Several open roles at the Analyst, Associate, and Vice President levels are available across multiple locations in USA (New York, Palo Alto, Dallas), Canada (Toronto), and India (Bengaluru, Hyderabad). Open Roles include software, big-data, machine learning, full-stack, and UI/UX engineer.\ Our impact
The Knowledge Graph Platform sits in the Core Engineering division of the firm. The group collects inhomogeneous (petabyte-scale) data from several different systems (Compliance, Investment Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management, etc.) into a single connected dataset (or database), which we refer to as the "Knowledge Graph"; this connected database contains hundreds of millions of entities, several billions of relationships, and is occupying tens of terabytes of space in distributed databases. In addition, the group extracts relationships insights by applying - distributed - graph, machine learning, and natural language processing algorithms on this Knowledge Graph, as well as on other text document collections, and feeds these insights, via means of reliable and scalable APIs, UI applications, and mobile applications, to several other firm products and employees across multiple divisions: Compliance, Investment Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management, to name a few. Your impact:
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer, Big-Data Engineer, Machine-Learning Engineer, Full-stack Engineer, or UI/UX Engineer, who can contribute and make a difference in any of the different components of our Knowledge Graph Platform,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Improve efficiency and expand the scope of our proprietary distributed graph database.
- Apply analytical artificial intelligence techniques to extract insights from graphs / text.
- Design and implement APIs, UIs, and mobile applications to serve customers reliably.
- Designing, implementing, testing, deploying, troubleshooting, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software across the full stack of our software product portfolio.
- Designing and implementing - distributed - machine learning, graph, and NLP algorithms on petabyte-scale datasets.
- Architecting, implementing, and maintaining modern, highly-scalable, self-healing, and highly-responsive APIs.
- Designing, implementing, and serving UIs complex desktop and mobile applications to deliver information and insights, visualize patterns and trends, and discover behavioral patterns in our knowledge graph.
- Partner across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions, innovate and incubate new ideas.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and performance analysis of systems.
- 2+ years development experience with Java or other Object Oriented Programming language.
- Strong analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, able to solve difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints.
- Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our customers and the firm.
- Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- [preferred/not required] E xperience with MapReduce framework (Hadoop, Spark).
- [preferred/not required] Experience with Distributed Databases (HBase, Cassandra).
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.