Enterprise Agile Coach
- New York City, NY, USA New York City NY US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Enterprise Agile Coach
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
The Goldman Sachs Enterprise Agile Center for Enablement (C4E) is a newly formed group charged with helping teams around the firm deliver greater value through Agile and related practices. We will do this by coaching teams, programs, and organizations until they are self-sustaining; providing training, coaching, resources, and tooling to teams that adopt Agile on their own. We'll be providing a central pool of scrum masters and Agile Program Managers for organization that need thems, but are not yet ready to hire their own. This forward-looking group will define scaling practices, team-level best practices, tooling, and reporting, and will always be on the front line of agility within the firm. If you're passionate about delivering value, looking to make an impact on one of the world's great firms, and up for a challenge, read on!
The VP-level Agile coach will drive change at multiple levels and mentor junior Agile coaches and Scrum Masters. You can expect to transform portions of the firm by advising on org design, creating adoption roadmaps, adapting the baseline GS Agile operating model to local business and technology conditions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionately advocating for the delivery of greater commercial value; coaching measurement of and focus on business outcomes
- Training everyone from senior executives to junior engineers
- Training and coaching leaders on creating conditions of success for high-performing Agile teams
- Facilitating/coaching big-picture exercises like Value Stream Mapping, Opportunity Canvas, Story Map, Journey Mapping
- Building customer-centric culture across the firm through user workshops, persona analysis, design workshops, continuous feedback, and other customer-centric design practices
- Facilitating/coaching Scrum and Scaled Agile ceremonies (e.g., Big Room Planning); intake and prioritization at the team, program, and portfolio levels; cross-team dependency management; creation of program-level feature and architectural backlogs; user story slicing, story writing, and backlog maintenance
- Helping teams and programs develop information radiators; coaching management and stakeholders on interpreting and responding to information radiators
- Facilitating/coaching use of operational metrics and data visualization to plan, report progress, and make data-driven prioritization decisions at the team, program, and portfolio levels
- Assessing the Agile maturity of teams and organizations and coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Developing high potential employees with limited Agile experience into Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters
- Tracking and removing impediments to transformation; managing resistance with humility, empathy and diplomacy
- Co-creating a broad Agile toolbox that is framework-agnostic and tailored to the firm's culture
- Creating enterprise consistency by following the Goldman Sachs Agile operating model and playbook, while adapting as necessary and contributing to their continuous improvement
- Building a safe environment with an emphasis on transparency, collaboration, and problem solving
- Participating in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs; using your creativity and sense of humor to make Agile fun!
Who We Look For
A hands-on practitioner, able and willing to work with teams while coaching them to sustainability. You ought to have a track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- 3 years' experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong coaching skills: ability to meet practitioners at their level of Agile experience and motivate them to join the Agile journey
- Strong leader able to assume a leadership role in large-scale Agile transformation
- 3 years' experience as a Scrum Master for a team that was diligently applying Scrum
- Prior Agile training experience at multiple levels
- Familiarity with non-Scrum flavors of Agile (Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile Testing practices like TDD, ATDD and BDD
- Knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), Automated Testing, etc.
- Experience applying a variety of approaches to the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, multiple ways of handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Strong plus - prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- Strong plus - experience developing products using customer and design-centric practices
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- JIRA and JIRA Portfolio power user
- Familiarity with Testing tools/frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SoapUI, Appium, Cucumber, RSpec, etc.
- Familiarity with Build Tools (Ant, NAnt, MSBuild, Rake, GNU Make, etc.)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Cruise, TeamCity, Hudson, etc)
- Active participant in the Agile community
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.