Enterprise Product Manager, Cloud and Data Lake
The Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) business is experiencing a prolonged period of unprecedented growth. Within this business, the Data License Platform business focuses on the distribution of an unparalleled breadth and depth of enterprise content to the world's leading market participants.
We are currently undertaking a multi-year program of work to overhaul the Data License Platform and associated products, as we fundamentally re-imagine how we can grow our business by helping our clients deliver cloud and data solutions in the digital age. Products range from cloud delivery, data science platforms, Data Lake and REST APIs to Web UIs and workflow automation.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Data License Platform Distribution product team, and take a lead role in driving our cloud and machine readability initiatives.
The Product Owner for our cloud and machine readability initiatives will be responsible for defining and executing a strategy in our next generation offerings to consume financial data. These offerings will include:
- Data cubes in machine readable formats including parquet and avro
- Data ingestion in a multi-cloud environmentÂ
- Identification and creation of client workflows on the cloud
You should have a strong focus on outcomes and delivery, balanced with a practical and hands-on approach to timely, regular incremental delivery of high quality revenue generating products.
This is a full-product life cycle role, from business case and inception, through design and specification, all the way to delivery, support, and ongoing enhancements.
Product Managers are engaged across the business, with skills in strategy, execution, and technology. You should be able to collaborate effectively at all levels and across the firm, with sales, marketing, service, engineering partners, and be able to engage directly with clients. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- A key influential business role within a fast growing area
- Broad scope to design and specify commercially attractive products
- The opportunity to grow your business and technology skills
- Drive execution and work collaboratively in partnership with engineering
Weâ€™d love to see:
- Prior product management experience
- A Bachelor or Masterâ€™s degree in Science, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience with diverse technology applications and associated architectures
- Knowledge of and interest in structured financial data models and data driven requirements
- Experience working with Global multidisciplinary Teams, (Sales, Technology, and Operations)
- The ability to address multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
If this sounds like you:
- Understanding of Data Science and Engineering tooling, techniques and industry trends
- Experience in multiple cloud environments including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Enterprise Application development experience
- A working knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives
- Knowledge of Market Data and Reference Data
- Track record of using Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in coding in Python, Java, or other programming language
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.