- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Equity Derivatives Product Development - Director
Equity Derivatives Product Development - Director
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18078274
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Working as part of the global Derivatives business, the role would be responsible for both current and future state structure of the business platform. The role is required to drive improvements in existing stability, capacity and functionality of the product offering, as well as in ensuring commercially sound improvements in functionality and architectural design of the future client offering the role will require close integration with the IT organization as well as with major stakeholders responsible for delivering operational excellence through the platform to clients.
Working with senior Derivatives and Equities management, the role will also be responsible for ensuring transparent and successful delivery of the growth program, based on significant investment commitments across the equities product set. The role therefore has a focus on strategy creation and successful implementation across large portions of the global infrastructure. This role will also be heavily involved with all the regulatory technology driven programs to ensure we are fully compliant and remain commercial.
Job Background / Context:
The global Derivatives business is market making for Equity Derivatives products, from Vanilla Listed Equity Options to Exotic Equity Derivative Products and Equity Structured Products Including margin lending and collar funding.
Clear front office ownership and accountability of vertical integration (both product and platform) across the various front office and back office stakeholders is absolutely essential. The commercial understanding required to continue driving this platform excellence requires direct front office ownership.
The business needs to rely on a operationally stable platform to ensure that client experience of Citi's capabilities are competitive with market expectation.
As a result, the competitive positioning of the business is highly dependent on the ability to manage platform capabilities through changes both externally driven, and as a result of further improvements in the product offering from Citi.
This expertise does not exist as a primary skillset inside technology, nor should it as part of a suitable business strategy.
This role requires strong connectivity with, and oversight of, the IT function in particular to combine that technical expertise and commercial insight in how to successfully transform the product offering.
This role will also be involved with the key Regulatory deliverables and further enhancing the control environment around the life cycle of trading and sales platforms, closing ICAPs and ensuring we meet all our regulatory obligations.
• To deliver project work for specific, defined development projects.
• To take on responsibilities within larger projects and report on performance and achievement back to the project manager and or the business sponsor.
• Manage the implementation of new product capabilities.
• To align projects where necessary to link in other parts of the organisation particularly our Equities business (D1/CASH/PRIME)
• To work with our IT systems business analysts to translate customer requirements in to business and user requirements documents.
• A great opportunity for the correctly motivated individual to be part of a strategic focus for growth in the Markets division.
• Deep experience gained with blue chip or competitor firms of the Derivatives product suite, and the broader Equities offering.
• Excellent technical skills to enable robust and strategic solutions to successfully grow the business.
• Project management skills and experience delivering change in the large institutions, and for complex front to back programs
• Strong communication skills
• Strong commercial awareness of the product and ability to combine this with technical solutions
• Strong planning and project management skills
• Ability to identify and manage dependencies across large parts of the front office and support infrastructure
• Proven technical skills in platform design and delivery
• Markets experience across roles in IT, or front office with specific IT technical demands
• Strong evidence of relevant commercial product experience at blue chip competitor firms
• Highly driven and Goal Oriented
• Highly organised and efficient at prioritising tasks
• Pro-active and strong at building consensus across regions
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication skills